Hello, i installed blingball on my Pearl 8100 because i really wanted to have either a red or green pearl but when i go to select anything except blue it is just plain white.

I tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it and it didn't work, so then i tried doing a battery pull and waiting about a minute but that didn't work either. Does anybody know how to fix this? Please help i would really like blingball. Thanks.
    08-30-09 08:04 PM
    It's possible your red and green led's are out, but that would be strange. Have you tried the disco setting? If that doesn't show anything but white and blue, try uninstalling it, and installing it again.
    08-30-09 09:57 PM
    Yeah i tried the disco setting and the only thing that happened was it went from white to blue over and over again. I already tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, should i do that again?
    08-30-09 10:05 PM
    You must have 2 shot led, though it's mighty strange. Takes a lot to kill them buggers. Maybe some moisture got to them?
    08-30-09 10:14 PM
    No, I've only had the phone for 2 days and it couldn't have gotten damaged at all. I bought it off of ebay brand new never opened.
    08-30-09 10:16 PM
    Very odd then. It was still sealed in the box? I have one over a year old, and another about 2. Both have all 4 lights still working. What OS is on your Pearl?
    08-30-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah when i opened it the phone was inside the plastic sleeve and it had the protective peal-away plastic on the back and front. I'm pretty sure it was only opened to unlock it.

Also i'm worried that the mini usb is broken, well it works when i use the wall charger and the car charger it charges perfectly, but i can't get my computer to recognize it or charge it when i plug it in, so i'm confused. Maybe the cable is bad even though its new.

I'm running the OS stickied at the top of this page i just updated earlier today. Thanks for trying to help me.
    08-30-09 10:42 PM
    Your welcome. How did you get the OS to update, if you can't connect with the USB?
    08-30-09 10:44 PM
    Well earlier it was connecting, and now i just switched usb ports on the computer and if i push in the end that connects to the phone it will recognize it but when i let go it disconnects, so it must be the cable because i can charge it fine. Do you think?
    08-30-09 10:49 PM
    Gently squeeze the end a little bit, and see if it isn't tighter and holds, but be gentle, you can always pinch it a little more.
    08-30-09 10:55 PM
    That worked for a little bit but then it cut out and now its doing the same thing. UGH haha this is frustrating me. I can live without blingball but i need to be able to sync to my computer.
    08-30-09 11:03 PM
    These dang USB ports can be touchy. Once I get it connected, I usually put my device where I can't touch it, or the cord.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:05 PM
    Haha yeah, well i can't get it to work at all now but my charger works perfectly with no flaws so i'm guessing its just the cord. I suppose i can survive until i can get my hands on another one. Thanks BigBadWulf for trying.
    08-30-09 11:08 PM
    You said you bought your phone off eBay, brand new. That's where mine was from. I'm thinking we both bought from the same guy now. Because I too am having problems with blingball. None of the colors work for me at all, but lucky you you at least have blue. Anyways, do you remember his username? Or, at the bottom of the phone, does it say T-Mobile? (Under the 0)
    08-31-09 05:49 PM
    Well earlier it was connecting, and now i just switched usb ports on the computer and if i push in the end that connects to the phone it will recognize it but when i let go it disconnects, so it must be the cable because i can charge it fine. Do you think?
    I have had the same problem with USB charger cords. I think I've bought had 2 that didn't work. It must be the phones, because I also have trouble with the AC charger cords.
    08-31-09 07:42 PM
    You said you bought your phone off eBay, brand new. That's where mine was from. I'm thinking we both bought from the same guy now. Because I too am having problems with blingball. None of the colors work for me at all, but lucky you you at least have blue. Anyways, do you remember his username? Or, at the bottom of the phone, does it say T-Mobile? (Under the 0)
    Yeah it says T-Mobile under the 0 and i bought it from Ipod_Outlet. Hmm this is really weird. If you did buy it from the same guy is your phone missing a "headphone jack cover"? like the thing that makes the headphone jack look good, the black ring around the jack? Mine is and if its the same that would be weird.
    08-31-09 10:29 PM
    No, mine isn't from that guy. Do you think maybe it's because it's a T-Mobile phone and we're both with different carriers? It seems to be the only thing our phones have in common, and the fact that they're new.
    09-01-09 11:07 PM
    That should have no effect at all. Seem like factory defects someone got their hands on, and sold as good stock.

09-02-09 02:33 AM
    Yeah probably, well it doesn't matter to me. The phone still looks good weather it has a colored pearl or not :P Thanks for trying to help wulf.
    09-02-09 02:10 PM
    No problem you two. Wish it had worked out differently.

09-02-09 08:02 PM
    it's gotta simply be because they're from T-Mobile! (haha, just kidding)

AT&T, ftw
    09-02-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD