I realize that there was a post about this before, but I didn't see a solution, so here is my story.

I just bought a used, unlocked 8100. It was AT&T, and I use T-mobile. I installed Blingball, much as the previous posters did, found it in my options, changed the color, saved, and nothing happens. This is my first BB, and I don't have data service.

Can anyone think of a reason that this program would apparently load correctly, but not change the trackball?

I did a battery pull, multiple reinstalls, the whole nine-yards.

Any help is appreciated,

auralnaut
    01-17-10 01:40 AM
    I dunno, maybe you could try "colorpearl", or maybe your os version is not supported. Did you try using it on another pearl or your friends?
    01-17-10 01:43 AM
    Nope. I have the latest 4.5 OS
    01-17-10 01:46 AM
    Nope. I have the latest 4.5 OS
    did you try colorpearl? also did you choose the custom feature or a colour? the same thing happened to me but the other way round my colorpearl wouldnt save but blingball would.
    so i suggest you i
    try colorpearl.
    also try this app, its called pimpmypearl. you can find it at eveek.com, then go to forums apps and youll find it.
    hope i helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 02:18 AM
    ColorPearl doesn't work on OS 4.5. Try a different color, since it's used there's a good chance one of the bulbs is out. There were several sold through eBay recently that only had white working. I've also seen a 3rd party app cause issues, though rare.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-17-10 03:05 AM
    Maybe but I only get minor bugs on blingball.

01-17-10 04:13 AM
    Would the repair be as simple as replacing the trackball assembly?
    01-17-10 01:57 PM
    Maybe but I only get minor bugs on blingball.

First time I've ever heard a bug reported with BlingBall. What was the issue?

Would the repair be as simple as replacing the trackball assembly?
    The lights are part of the main PCB. You can see them when you take your trackball out. I'm sure you could get a repair shop to do it, if you can locate the tiny LED's, but I can't imagine it worth the money.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-17-10 03:20 PM
    It did not work on mine either. Never could get it to work. I just gave up.
    01-25-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD