hey good day to all,
    today I have been using my phone, as much as
    I would normally do. I have been affected by the 523 application error for some time but never paid any mind to it as it stopped after i deleted a couple unnecessary applications. But today my black berry pearl 8100, battery was low so I decided to plug it into a computer via usb at my school which has a 220 power supply. The phone locked off and showed a dim blue light and then suddenly shut off, I quickly pulled the usb cord out where the metal fitting that goes into the phone was burning hot. What exactly has happened to my phone? It doesn't respond in any way to usb connection nor its charger, already tried a different battery from another pearl... nothing happens
    11-18-09 03:05 PM
    Dang! Those batteries have protective circuitry, but I don't think anything is going to protect against double the voltage entering the system. Have you tried hitting send, just to see if the phone is gone.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 09:13 PM
    nothing at all happens, no matter what button I press or what other battery I use, it just wont respond at all. Its basically like a phone when the battery is taken out. Nothing at all happens
    11-19-09 05:24 PM
    Sadly it sounds dead as a donut. Shame, but who knows what's been blown inside. Even if it is repairable, it would probably be cheaper to replace it.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 07:32 PM
    Yesterday while toying around with it, I realized that my battery no longer works in no other pearl also, so am thinking more along the lines that the system must be fried
    11-22-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD