Two incidents:
    (1) My boss put the BlackBerry User Tools included in our VZW Pearl 8130 into his computer. He started answering the wizard questions but decided to cancel b/c it was asking questions about the enterprise server, etc. So nothing was installed but his Pearl memory immediately filled up and it began deleting messages rampantly.

(2) I completely installed the BlackBerry User Tools (Media Manager & Desktop Manager). I connected the device to use the media manager and Same thing! The memory immediately filled up on the device and it began deleting messages at a breaktaking rate. At first I didnt' realize it was a memory leak - I thought I messed with the Reconcile Now options and told it to keep fewer days - but now, as I received a message, it would delete a message b/c of the memory issue.

More info:
    (a) We both have our inbox at keep messages for 30 days. We've been runing the Pearl like that since February 1 2008. 30 days worth of messages for us has been hundreds of messages.
    (b) We have never been forced to execute any of the memory saving procedures described in related threads, etc.
    (c) Neither one of us use the device memory for video/music/camera. We both have high GB micro SD cards for that.
    (d) We both installed / attempted to install the BlackBerry User Tools CD on the exact same morning and encountered the same behavior with the memory leak.

Coincidence? I think not... does anyone have additional information regarding the BlackBerry User tools causing a memory leak?

Our company has the Enterprise Server - so there has been zero need to install the application. After seeing the havoc it caused, I uninstalled it from my computer. Checked - I can still see the microSD files. I still receive new messages. I cleared the event log (ALT + LGLG), cleared history, cleared cache and then pulled the battery.

I'm worried - will I be plagued with memory leak issues like all of these posts describe. We used them for sooo long with no memory leak issues. HELP!?!?
    04-18-08 11:30 AM
    04-18-08 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD