I'm running 4.5.0.124 os on my 8100 device and I have desktop manager 4.7 on my computer. Well the problem I'm having is I can't get the standard modem to appear. I've uninstalled the desktop manager to see if that helps, restarted the computer and reinstalled it. I even repaired it and nothing. I went to start-right clicked on my computer-went to properties-clicked the hardware tab-then went to device manager-and expanded the one that says ports (com & lpt) and there's supposed to be something along the lines that says RIM usb or something like that. And on mine. Nothing. So what am I doing wrong? Someone please help. This is very technical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:45 AM
    If there's nothing showing on the port your BB is connected to, reboot your computer, and it should automatically connect on start up. Unless you don't have mass media enabled.
    I'd get rid of 4.7 though, it's a PITA to work with. 4.6 is the latest DM you need.
    03-24-09 04:42 AM
    Where can I find that? All I found for my phone is 4.2 4.3 and 4.7

03-24-09 09:03 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

03-24-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks ill check it out and see if this one works

03-24-09 03:54 PM
    awesome! its great thanks big bad wolf!

03-24-09 09:10 PM
    Glad you got it goin' on!
    03-24-09 09:11 PM
    For some weird reason I'm back where I started with the 4.6 like I was with the 4.7. Its not installing the RIM virtual serial port V2. I go to add hardware. I select next then select. Yes, I already connected the hardware. Then next. Then I scroll all the way down where it says add a new hardware device. I click it then I click next. Then I tell it to install tha hardware that I manually select from a list (advanced). Then next. Next I scroll till I see ports (com & lpt) I highlight it and click next. Then here's my problem. When I go to RIM virtual serial ports. I highlight RIM virtual serial port V2. then I click next. And next once more on the next screen. And here's the problem. It says
    The software you are installing for this hardware:
    RIM virtual serial port V2
    Has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP. (tell me why this testing is important.)
    Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for the software that has passed windows logo testing.

Well anyway. When I click continue anyway. It pops up a window that says please insert the compact disc labeled ' virtual serial port install disk' into your CD-ROM drive (D and then click ok. So I'm thinking because of last time I called they told me its on the dm disc. And it did work last time. So I put it in. And then it says.
    The file needed 'RIMSerial.sys on virtual serial port install disk is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click ok. So its highlighted the D: drive and nothing. So what do I do? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

03-25-09 07:08 PM
    Uninstall DM. Connect BB to USB. Reinstall DM.
    See if that works.
    03-25-09 08:16 PM
    Ok ill try that. Ill keep you updated. By the way, thanks for so much help.

03-25-09 09:12 PM
    Its still not working. I ininstalled it and reinstalled it with my BB connected and I restarted the comp and nothing.

03-25-09 11:43 PM
    Instead of desktop manager, try completely uninstalling VZAccess Manager and restart. Then use the Verizon Wireless CD and go through the entire set up process.
    03-26-09 12:20 AM
    That works for T-Mobile too right?

03-26-09 12:50 AM
    I apologize - was looking at general Blackberry threads and missed your carrier info. If T-Mobile has a separate installation CD from the Blackberry DM CD, the process might work using their software. I recently had a similar problem as you describe after installing a beta OS and solved it this way. Good luck - I'll leave future advice to those who know your phone and carrier.
    03-26-09 02:26 AM
    Found some more info. One of these has got to bloody work!

1 - If you have any other devices plugged into a usb port, disconnect them and try again.

2 - Reset virtual machine (this will re-boot windows). Upon Windows restart, connect your Blackberry Device. You should get alerts saying new hardware was found (several alerts). Wait until it says they are available. Check under devices and make sure the RIM Blackberry device has a check next to it. Start Blackberry Desktop Manager. It should find the device (if not check to make sure the connection is set to usb). Never suspend the VM and quit parallels. Always stop or shut down windows when you leave it.

3 - *Solution* - Cannot connect BlackBerry to Desktop Manager � Ozan Safi

4 - http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/vmw...onnect-172703/

5 - Cannot connect to DM no matter what... "device not found" - PinStack.com
    03-26-09 04:01 AM
    Well.......nothing worked. I even installed the disc my BB came with and now the serial port on that isn't recognizable. I've reached the point of giving up. I called T-Mobile and they said it could be because my os on my phone since T-Mobile doesn't support 4.5 os on the 8100s how disappointing!

03-26-09 12:06 PM
    Balderdash! Delete your port drivers, uninstall DM. Reinstall DM 4.5 and try again.

03-26-09 12:11 PM
    Still didn't work......I'm pissed. Lol what now?

03-26-09 10:01 PM
    Buy a new computer! Just kidding. It does detect the mass media?
    03-26-09 10:45 PM
    It detects my blackberries usb and mass media. It even connects with dm. But for some weird reason. My RIM virtual serial ports under ports (com & lpt) in the device manager in system properties isn't there. And I even uninstalled the dm and reinstalled the dm and chose advanced installation and told it to install all certificates as well. But nothing.

03-27-09 01:04 AM
    Your on Vista, aren't you? Weird that it appears everything is in order, since you connect to DM. That should mean your port info installed from RIM. And it worked before, so how hard should it be?!? If there's a Windows update available, I'd install it, you never know. Other than that, look at some of this:

installing desktop manager blackberry vista - Google Search
    03-27-09 04:07 AM
    I have an XP. And when I connect my BB now I can't load application loader because its trying to downgrade me to 4.2 when I'm at a 4.5 so idk. And when I first put it on it keeps saying that there's a English UK upgrade 4.5 so what does this mean?

03-27-09 04:30 AM
    You using 4.7 Desktop Manager?
    03-27-09 04:36 AM
    Nope. I'm using 4.6

03-27-09 05:39 AM
    Man, you've got some crazy ah!t happening! Let me get someone elses eyes on this tonight.

03-27-09 05:41 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD