I have a question about Blackberry Software Update....on verizons website they have an update regarding personal email.

It asks which version of 4.3 I am using, it gives 2 options, one is Updated 11/20 and the other was updated 11-13. How do I tell which version I have. I just bought my phone about a week ago.

All I can see on my phone is that it is v4.3.0.60 platforum 3.1.0.32

Not sure if I even need this update but would like to be current on upgrades and updates

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    01-10-08 11:39 AM
    Options > About. Third line usually, starting with a v...
    01-10-08 11:50 AM
    yeah I can find that part just need to know which update I have, the 11/20 or 11/13
    01-10-08 11:53 AM
    The ones on VZW web site for personal and business are the same.

The Alltell is the most up to date if you dwonload that one. I myself since using it have not had any memory issues.
    01-10-08 11:55 AM
    click on personl and then it gives you a few other options, need to know what one to pick after clicking personal
    01-10-08 11:56 AM
    Dont mind me, I am only a moron 3/4 of the time, I understand now. I dont even need this, this is just a software update to version 4.3. One of the updates is to update your desktop manager and the other is to update your phone. Hopefully I have figured this out, not sure what my malfunction was earlier, I will blame it on me just waking up but im sure there are a few loose screws up in my head and I need to tighten up before I go to work today
    01-10-08 12:23 PM
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled destop manager from the disk from download and I still get the same error message about no additional apps were found for your device... pls help me!

Verizon tech support knows as much as I do... they put me on hold to talk with BB and they said the app weren't designed for me phone. Does that mean I need to downgrade to 4.2 sp2 instead of 4.3 for phone and Desktop manager?

Thanks,
    Chuck
    01-11-08 01:22 PM
    i just redownloaded it from the verizon website and it works good, it showed updates that needed to go on my phone also which it didnt do before. have you tried to download it from the verizon website or just the disk?
    01-11-08 01:25 PM
    did download it from verizon this morning... but same error message. I can't tell any different from the disk program actually.

Am I missing a link, because the only link I see from verizon is the desktop manager...

Thanks!
    01-11-08 01:27 PM
    What you need to do is download the latest Device OS software onto your computer also. This is not the same as the the Desktop Manager software.
    You need both in order for this to work.
    01-11-08 01:28 PM
    I saw somebody else type that too... I don't see anything about that in documentation or web...

I feel like an ***** because this is my second bb...

Do I get the OS update on the verizon site or BB site?

Thanks so much!
    01-11-08 01:30 PM
    I saw somebody else type that too... I don't see anything about that in documentation or web...

I feel like an ***** because this is my second bb...

Do I get the OS update on the verizon site or BB site?

Thanks so much!
    That is why so many people are having problem and questions about the same thing.

From Verizon, or download the latest here.
    This will work on your Pearl.
    alltel's 4.3.0.81 update now available!!
    01-11-08 01:33 PM
    saying "WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET THE MESSEGE - "NO ADDITONAL APPLICATIONS FOR YOUR DEVICE WERE FOUND."

It seems like it is a cronic problem... thanks agian for all your help

btw didn't know i d i o t was a potty word... lol
    01-11-08 01:34 PM
    saying "WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET THE MESSEGE - "NO ADDITONAL APPLICATIONS FOR YOUR DEVICE WERE FOUND."

It seems like it is a cronic problem... thanks agian for all your help

btw didn't know i d i o t was a potty word... lol
    Let us know how you make out.
    Now go wash your mouth out with soap!
    01-11-08 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD