Hey all,

I just got my BB flip few weeks ago... so far so good... but what worries me is that I can't seem to find the BB PIN (the application with the blue and white BB symbol speech bubbles) application in my phone. The BB Messenger is there, but all my friends has the BB PIN application and it just makes me wonder.

Btw, why does my BB flip lags when I type something on the BB Messenger?

Thanks guys
    03-02-09 09:09 AM
    The phone has two means of sending messages via the unique "PIN" in the phone.

The first is Blackberry Messenger. This one is usually marked by two speech bubbles with the BB logo inside, however depending on your theme it doesn't necessarily mean it will look like that. Since you were able to access the program, what does your application Icon look like?

The second is PIN messages sent directly from device to device in a similar format to an Email. To send one, you don't need a special application. You go to messages>menu>compose PIN. Or go to phonebook>"NAME">menu>compose PIN.

If you are missing the icon for something, try pulling your battery, resetting your theme to default, press menu>'show all' from the homescreen, and look in all the folders. If you still cannot find it, post back.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 03-02-09 at 12:12 PM.
    03-02-09 12:08 PM
    thanks for the info! i reset the theme to the default theme and the icon's there.

i have one more question though, and this is kind of outside of the icons topic... why does it seem to lag when i type in the blackberry messenger?
    03-02-09 12:24 PM
    This is a well known problem with this specific Blackberry. When I had this phone it used to lag with most applications.

Ways to reduce the amount of lag:

1. Keep pulling your battery frequently. This is probably the best thing you can do to your Blackberry. It is like turning off a computer and letting it restart. Just hitting the RED key to turn it off will not make the BB shut down, only pulling out your battery does. This will close any open programs, free up memory, and generally refresh the device.

2. Try to limit how many applications you have open at once. One or two is fine, more will cause the device to slow down. To properly close an application you need to hit MENU>close. Just hitting the RED key to go to home or using ESCAPE key to backtrack will not properly close a program. To see which programs you currently have open, in any screen go to MENU>switch application. On this list: Phone, Browser, BB messenger, Messages, and HOME are always displayed. Any other programs on that list should be closed to maximize performance.

3. Check your file free. Go to OPTIONS>status and look at FILE FREE. if it is anything less than 12,xxx,xxx pull your battery. If after the battery pull it still shows less, you need to clear up some memory by deleting messages, call logs, applications, or pictures you have stored on the device.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 03-02-09 at 02:55 PM.
    03-02-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD