Ok, so i had my blackberry for about a year, and from about the second week i had it, it keeps giving the dreadful hourglass now and then, always gives out of memory errors and app error 200 and 532 at times, i reloaded the OS so much times now and its getting very frustrating, also my file free is always relatively low do you recommend another OS reinstall or something else

[additional question]
    does the battery effect the performance of your blackberry? like cause app errors and the hourglass i realized my battery looks a little swollen.

btw im new to CB
    05-25-11 06:40 PM
    help anyone?
    05-25-11 07:15 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums. You need to be patient for answers. Bumping your own thread after such a short time is rude and is against the forum guidelines.

The original Pearl series has always been plagued with memory issues. It doesn't have a lot to begin with.

You need to be fastidious about deleting data (messages and such) that you don't absolutely need on a regular basis.

Same goes for apps. Don't install many on the the device.

Monitor your File Free daily and delete unneeded data when it gets lower than around 12 000 000.

Sounds like you definitely need a new battery. A swollen battery is a bad sign. It might be time for a whole new device, too.
    05-25-11 07:21 PM
    ok, thanks and sorry for bumping, so would the swollen battery be because of overcharge, age or the device itself?
    05-26-11 04:20 PM
    Age, I would guess, is the most likely cause. Overcharging is typically not an issue with modern devices.

If you are planning to keep the device for a while, be sure that if you purchase a battery that it is an authentic one. Cheap knockoffs found on eBay likely are going to just cause more problems.
    Deezey1 likes this.
    05-26-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD