Hello!
    I just got my new Pearl Flip 8230 a week ago. I am considering purchasing the BlackBerry Charging Dock for this product. However, I have a snap-on case to protect my device. Will I be able to use the charging dock with the case on my phone?
    Any input is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    05-19-09 09:59 PM
    Any kind of case is going to interfere with a drop-in charger. If you want the Charging Dock, you'll have to take it out of the case every time. That's the #1 reason I go naked, I'm not a klutz and I love my Powerstation.
    05-19-09 11:13 PM
    Ok. Thanks for your reply!
    Do you know how the Charging Dock works on the Flip? I cannot find any charge contacts on the bottom.
    05-19-09 11:26 PM
    They are the 2 metal pieces by the battery door clasp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:53 PM
    I recently had applied a Gizmobie on my Flip - I like the extra protection and grip the product texture provides without adding a lot of bulk, while still making it slippable into a back pocket - but the contacts wouldn't work in the dock.
    I did a little surgery to the Gizmobie, experimenting and eventually neatly trimming about 1/2" off the bottom of the product and it works fine now. Still lots of protection - and still a more secure battery door, too.

I also let Gizmobie know of this design hiccup!
    05-20-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD