hey.

My blackberry pearl is unable to be charged through a car charger or the usb cable when I have low battery. The only thing that worked was the wall charger. When my battery isn't low, the usb and car chargers work though.

Is this part of the blackberry pearl where if the battery is too low, only the wall charger can charge it?

Thanks.
    06-09-08 09:21 AM
    Good question, did you happen to also get the "not enough battery for radio use" I had the same problem and did a battery pull and if finally worked.
    06-09-08 09:27 AM
    Have the same problem! It started after my phone went completely dear.
    My battery will not charge from a car charger. At first I thought the problem was with my particular charger- But I've tried several friend's car chargers and my phone will not charge from any of them. The only way I can reload my battery is from a wall charger. Still on a hunt to find out what to do to get my BB to receive from a car charger...
    06-15-08 11:50 AM
    If the charge of your battery is too low, don't charge it with the usb port of your pc. You better charge it with your home charger.
    06-15-08 12:48 PM
    why? is it safer? if my battery is really low could i charge it with a car charger or shoudl i still use the wall charger?

thanks
    06-15-08 08:12 PM
    yea thats wierd.. a car charger should definitely be able to charge with no problems. Thats the point of them! To fully charge in about 15-20mins tops..
    Hmmm..
    06-15-08 08:16 PM
    I guess this may or may not be a dumb question, but is it an official BB car charger or one of the aftermarket, 3rd party ones?

I only asked because I had one for my Razr that I bought at walmart and it was very crappy in charging when compared to an official one I tried. There was a major difference.
    06-15-08 08:31 PM
    its a charger for a blackberry 8700c so i don't think that all blackberry chargers will work with the pearl.

i still don't understand why its safer to charge a low battery with a wall charger compared to a usb charger?
    06-15-08 10:52 PM
    I have a different charging issue.....

I purchased a wall charger on ebay and it works fine with my phone. But ever since I used it to charge my phone, my car charger that I purchased from t-mobile and the other wall charger that came with the phone dont work.

Any clue why? Or what's happening?
    06-16-08 07:09 AM
    are you sure its not charging, or is it just not showing the charge indicator? my pearl has on occasion not shown the charge indicator, but i left it plugged in and it was definently chanrging up.
    06-16-08 10:57 AM
    It's definitely not showing the charge indicator, but maybe its still charging. I will have to leave it plugged in to see if it actually charges the phone. I know that the charger is getting power b/c the light indicator is lit up. I just didnt think it was a coincidence that both my wall charger that came with my phone and the car charger from t-mobile stopped showing the indicator right after I bought the charger on ebay.
    06-16-08 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD