Hey there I am currently thinking about getting myself a blackberry pearl 3g. So now I have a few questions! Do you guys had any issues with the build quality of the device? And did research in motion plan anything for an os 6 update? Regards simeon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 04:21 AM
    I've a Pearl 3g 9100. I've no issues with the build quality, for me it's pretty resistant. There is a leaked os 6 for the phone (6.0.0.344). It works quite well, but it has some bugs. Try it, and see if you're ok with them.
    11-15-10 05:47 PM
    Thank you very much. Because when I saw the devoce in the store it a bit broken and I thought might be an issue woth every device. Thank you very much now I am looking more forward to get myself one.
    Cheers simeon

11-15-10 11:44 PM
    So you worked with os 6 on pearl already? Is the screen size enough for os 6 ? Because on the torch the big screen is really good with os six for all the different app menus. Cheers simeon

11-16-10 12:13 AM
    For me, the screen size is ok. Obviously it's uncomparable with the Torch or Storm screen. I have the font size small (6-7), and I've no issues reading web pages, or reading pdf's (I use my blackberry to study when I'm going to university). The screen is really sharp, and the colors are really vivid. When you get used to the screen, and SureType, you really appreciate the size of the phone.

PD: OS6 rocks on this phone.

Cheers.
    11-16-10 04:18 PM
    Ok thanks alot for the help. Now i am really sure about gettung the pearl 3g, just have to get rid of thus damn iphone.

11-16-10 04:28 PM
    @simeon666 , hi , after you buy , can you post some impressions? I want to buy one! merci
    11-18-10 03:07 AM
    Yes i will do just check back on this in a week or so. Then i will have the device tested for a few days

11-18-10 03:32 AM
    I've had my 9105 pearl now since mid august just after it came out.
    And I must say I've been impressed by it.
    The build is very good altho like I would definitely recomend getting an otterbox case. Can't recall the number of timer I've dropd it.

Featurewise its got pretty much evrything the qwerty bbs have apart from the qwerty kb ofcourse. Bluetooth wifi 3g. If bought on o2 it cms with a 2gb sd card. Don't know about other networks.
    On average it gives me around 12 to 16 hours on pretty much constant use of twitter yahoo msn gtalk bbm and the interwebz
    I love the small form factor. I'd wanted a bb for while the
    Thing puting me off was the big size of the qwerty versions and the 2 key stuff of the pearls so this 9105 is perfect for me.

11-21-10 12:19 PM
    ok man , I bought the phone , test and talk
    11-22-10 08:51 AM
    I ordered mine today. It should arrive this week. I ll write a review after the weekend.

11-22-10 09:01 AM
    first impression, I love the touchpad and exceptional finishes, looks good and moves well through programs
    one problem: the right outside button does not react at all
    11-23-10 03:11 AM
    had same problem, but it seems you have to push and hold the button for a few seconds for it to react to the camera, which is set as default to the key....my phone is the 9100........
    11-23-10 07:08 AM
    The right convenience key has two "pressure positions".
    11-23-10 07:16 AM
    Yeah one for focus the other one for the shutter? Same like the bold?

11-23-10 07:26 AM
    yes yes yes , 10X guys, I thought I bought a damaged phone
    11-24-10 04:02 AM
    Yeah one for focus the other one for the shutter? Same like the bold?

Yes. you're right.

11-24-10 05:02 AM
    hmm, also brings on the flash.....?
    11-24-10 11:53 AM
    hmm, also brings on the flash.....?
    noup,I do not think,at least not me 9105
    11-26-10 02:35 AM
    Nope flash is going automatic. Depending on the light in the picture

11-26-10 04:46 AM
    My BlackBerry is my 'second phone' to my iPhone 4 (two phones as I am a tech geek and I work for Carphone Warehouse - Phone retailer in the UK). I had an 8520 but found that it was too basic after owning a Bold 9700 in the past so traded it in for a 9105 - well worth the money spent as it has 3G and I was able to upgrade to 6.0! I have a virgin contract which is a cheap second line for two years so thought it would be worth having a decent BlackBerry for the remainder of my contract (approx 23 months LOL!)
    02-11-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD