intomobile.com/2010/05/26/review-blackberry-pearl-3g-9100-lot-of-awesome-in-tiny-package.html

Hey guys, I just sent my review unit back to Rogers yesterday, and shed a single tear. The review link is above and has pictures and impressions of hardware etc., but in a nutshell, it's a mini-9700. The style and build quality is excellent, but pretty much identical to the Storm2. Wi-Fi n didn't impress me that much, unfortunately - I had really high hopes for it. SureType takes getting used to, even after using it in the past.

If you guys have any questions, I'll see what I can piece together from my fond memories.
    05-27-10 01:53 PM
    Very nice writeup!
    05-27-10 03:17 PM
    Great Review! I listen to a lot of podcasts how is the sound on the speakers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 03:25 PM
    Pretty standard. I still have a hard time finding a phone with a better speaker than the Bold 9000, and have a feeling nothing will ever beat it. I would say the 9100's speaker is better than the 8900's, though.
    05-27-10 04:26 PM
    great review! thanks!
    05-28-10 08:26 AM
    Simon,

First off excellent review, I live in New Jersey and am still rocking my 3 year old pearl 8110. I am an IT admin and have beat my phone to high **** and it still works, so nobody and I mean nobody wants the pearl 9100 to come out in USA more then me. With that said I get s**t all day long from the android and Iphone peeps in the office about my phone so I'd like to thank you so much for saying that you get a blackberry to get **** done son! ha ha it's so true. When there are problems and I need to do business a greasy piece of glass with bad battery life is not going to cut it. I'm so hyped up for this phone so I can finally leave hour glass city!

PEACE!!!
    05-28-10 08:27 AM
    Same here with my nearly 4 year old 8100.

I've taken the trackball out to clean it at least 7 or 8 times over the years - it lives in my pants pocket, but take it out at work, while in the car, and when I get home. So it goes in and out of my pocket all day long. But it's still the original trackball (all nice and brown looking with age).

I've taken the whole thing apart once to add the little strip of tape between the USB port and the back of the screen to fix the "white screen" issue.

My wife had the red Pearl (we bought both 8100s and the same time). Hers was beat up a whole lot more than mine (amazing what can happen in a purse). In fact, it fell in the sink once and I had to take it all apart to let it dry out. After sitting under my desk lamp for a few days - the wet streaks running diagonally on the LCD screen finally went away - I put it back together, stuck the battery back in, and it booted right up. She used it for another year before switching to the iPhone late last year.

On mine, only now does the USB connector seem to be getting a little fickle - sometimes it takes a few tries for the PC to recognize the Pearl and run the DM and sync up.
    05-28-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD