My GF's 8130 has issues all the time (she's changed it twice because of this issue) on the click of the trackball.

The trackball moves in all the directions but as soon as she tries to click on something it doesn't work. We went to a sprint store where they fixed it by cleaning it but it went bad in 30min of usage again.

So she has to hit enter for every time she wants to click on something...unfortunately that doesn't cut it with some applications that require for you to click instead of hit enter for you to use the apps.

Sorry if this has been asked before in another thread, but if you could help please do? We're tired of getting new pearls (we've had to exchange hers 5 times in the past 2 years! Yikes!)

Thanks!
    08-06-09 02:57 PM
    sounds like the ball needs to be replaces their is a small metal tab under the ball that acts as the click it can break if it's been abused, if you take it in they will replaced the ball for free
    08-06-09 03:22 PM
    sounds like the ball needs to be replaces their is a small metal tab under the ball that acts as the click it can break if it's been abused, if you take it in they will replaced the ball for free
    Hmm, we already replaced the trackball at the store. But man, this keeps happening for the past 3 phones she's had! lol. I'm just glad her contract is expiring soon so she can get a curve or tour.
    08-06-09 04:00 PM
    well, i have a pearl and sprint....the same thing happend to me i took it to the sprint store and they replaced the trackball but it still happend so they gave me another it has to do with some kind of moisture under the trackball so maybe some sweaty hands? lol

theres a whole thread about the exact problem if i find it i will post it up
    08-06-09 05:17 PM
    Well if you get anything with a trackball it will work the same so don't get your hopes up too high. Try storing the phone nicer because it shouldn't be breaking like that unless your being really hard on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 05:19 PM
    well, i have a pearl and sprint....the same thing happend to me i took it to the sprint store and they replaced the trackball but it still happend so they gave me another it has to do with some kind of moisture under the trackball so maybe some sweaty hands? lol

theres a whole thread about the exact problem if i find it i will post it up
    lol my gf puts it in her purse 24/7 so mabey sweaty tampons or w/e....*shrugs*

Anyways, going to have to get a new one for her again! Oh well.
    08-06-09 05:46 PM
    Well if you get anything with a trackball it will work the same so don't get your hopes up too high. Try storing the phone nicer because it shouldn't be breaking like that unless your being really hard on it

Yeah, but I have a curve myself and everyone else I know that doesn't have a pearl doesn't have this issue. Except for pearl users.

She stores it in her purse...solution: buy her a protector skin! hah!

thanks
    08-06-09 05:48 PM
    Here's the most likely solution, if it's not under warranty.

http://www.audsound.net/_share/bbtb_select_fix.pdf
    08-06-09 10:02 PM
    So your saying this happens to everyone with pearls but not curves?

08-06-09 10:09 PM
    No Lynda, it happens with every trackball device.
    08-06-09 10:16 PM
    Here's the most likely solution, if it's not under warranty.

http://www.audsound.net/_share/bbtb_select_fix.pdf
    Sweet! gonna try this out...unless she rather get a warrantied new phone tho. But thanks! This will be definitely useful.
    08-06-09 11:08 PM
    Well that's what I was trying to point out. He was making it sound like the pearls trackball was different

08-06-09 11:10 PM
    Awesome BigBadWulf!!! Thank you!!! I have been trying to figure out how to fix my trackball for the past two days! did the instructions you gave and it worked! I did however take the stickiness from the little thing, but replaced it with medical take... it worked!!! Again thank you so much!
    06-22-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD