I have the black pearl 8130 from Alltel; and I was wondering HOW do I go about upgrading the operating system on it? Because, we're having problems with it automatically deleting SMS Messages; and not showing mail messages and all kinds of problems; never knew a "smart phone" could turn to be so dumb lol ;x
    05-21-08 08:30 AM
    Deleting of SMS and emails is a memory issue with the pearl. There are ways to limit this.
    1. Install a memory card
    2. Set the phone to automatically turn off and on while you are sleeping
    3. Delete sample video and unused languages
    There are other tips that can be found in other forums on this site
    05-21-08 10:31 AM
    I got my first blackberry in June. It's a Pearl 8130. I have had SOOO many issues with this phone yet every time I placed a call to Alltel, they acted as if they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Nice to hear I'm not the only one! Periodically, mine won't receive calls or SMS texts...may last a few minutes...may last several hours. When someone tries to call me, it goes direct to voicemail. Once it starts working again, I have a sudden backlog of texts and voicemails! I just noticed within the last few days, it isn't keeping my SMS texts (sent or received)! And I've NEVER been able to get my laptop to recognize it when plugged in with a USB cable! So much for "smart"...
    09-04-08 09:39 PM
    To the OP, go to menu>options>status and report back with your "File Free".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD