I just got my Blackberry Pearl 8130 today. I love it!

I was just wondering if ya'll an give me ya'lls advice on this phone. I am wanting to know if anybody hates it or dislikes it and why? I have only had it for today so really hadn't had the time to get use to it but I love it for the most part. Well your comments about this phone is welcome please let me know what ya'll think of this phone. Thanks.
    10-19-09 06:44 PM
    The Pearl is what I learned on, it's a great device. Reading up on the Pearl in the forums here helped me greatly. The search tool here works great as well. I suggest you take some time to read up on your device, here is a thread to get you started. You will like the Pearl...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tip...-8130-a-11235/
    10-19-09 06:48 PM
    I had the 8130 before I got the tour. Its a great phone. Once you get used to the sure type. Its either love or hate thing and I loved it. I would highly recommend doing the memory optimization because the pearl doesn't have a lot of memory. One day you look at your phone and poof all your txt are gone! That's cuz your phone ran out of memory so it made some. Ummm get a screen protector, I used body guardz. MAKE SURE you close out apps! Not just hitting end! Cuz end doesn't close out stuff. It moves it to the back ground. Hit the ? ? key and click close. Ummmm idk what else. Any questions check out the forums and the blackberry 101 "classes" for great info. Any thing else just let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 06:53 PM
    The Pearl is what I learned on, it's a great device. Reading up on the Pearl in the forums here helped me greatly. The search tool here works great as well. I suggest you take some time to read up on your device, here is a thread to get you started. You will like the Pearl...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tip...-8130-a-11235/
    Thanks so much for your help and advice!
    10-19-09 07:06 PM
    I had the 8130 before I got the tour. Its a great phone. Once you get used to the sure type. Its either love or hate thing and I loved it. I would highly recommend doing the memory optimization because the pearl doesn't have a lot of memory. One day you look at your phone and poof all your txt are gone! That's cuz your phone ran out of memory so it made some. Ummm get a screen protector, I used body guardz. MAKE SURE you close out apps! Not just hitting end! Cuz end doesn't close out stuff. It moves it to the back ground. Hit the ? ? key and click close. Ummmm idk what else. Any questions check out the forums and the blackberry 101 "classes" for great info. Any thing else just let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you so much for your help!
    10-19-09 07:10 PM
    When I type on my Pearl with Suretype, I find it easier not to look at the screen while I type, look at it at the end of each word because the software is guessing your word.
    10-19-09 08:23 PM
    When I type on my Pearl with Suretype, I find it easier not to look at the screen while I type, look at it at the end of each word because the software is guessing your word.
    You are correct, don't look at the screen...
    10-19-09 08:37 PM
    Yeah I like the SureType too.
    10-19-09 09:06 PM
    Check the OS version. It should be 4.5, but if it's the older 4.3, I'd recommend getting the newest version out, as it'll help a little with the memory problems. The others have pretty much hit it on the head: learn to use SureType and free up some memory. You'll find that you can type faster on SureType than a lot of guys with full QWERTY keyboards. I liked my 8130...it offered all the usual Blackberry goodness, in a smaller package.
    10-19-09 11:51 PM
    A few things off the top of my head if you don't make it through the million pages in the tips and tricks:

- hitting space bar twice you get a period
    - holding the star key on the home screen gets puts in silent
    - holding it again puts in vibrate
    - I would also recommend doing a daily battery pull to keep you memory fresh
    - and continue to read up on here, lots of more info!
    10-20-09 09:24 PM
    I have an 8130 and is the best device I've ever owned. I've never had any issues with it; never a call to tech support. I did of course gain a ton of knowledge off of Crackberry dealing with my Pearl.
    Yes, do a batt pull once a day. I usually perform this when I get in bed.
    Yes, remember to close out your apps. If you hit you red hang up key, you'll just sending the app to the background.
    Get rid of the apps/stuff you don't use and delete them off of the device to gain more file free memory. Like the other user stated, check out the BB101 lectures on getting more memory. Things I got rid of:
    1. Help/Video
    2. 2 Themes
    3. Doc's to go. You can still read MS Word/Powerpoint; just can't edit them but if you find yourself needing it, you can reinstall it.
    4. Languages that you don't need
    5. Password Keeper
    A few other bits and pieces I can't think of right now but again, check out BB101 lectures on this.
    Do get an SD Card for you media files, (pix,videos, ringtones) so you don't have to save it to the device memory. I have the things I want for the most part and it still usually have about 15.5MB of file free memory. Device runs great. I do deleted sms, mms and emails I don't need if I do need them, I just email them to my email so I'll have them on my PC. I also delete my call logs regularly. Clear out your browser cache regularly also. Remember a Blackberry isn't a storage depot for 3 year old txt/emails. I've never had my device delete any of my information. Just read up and remember your device memory limit and you should be happy. Also, SureType is great, just learn it and you're love it. It's time for me to upgrade but I'm fretting it cuz I love my Pearl and its been great to me. Good luck

BB Maps
    Pandora
    Facebook1.7
    LaterDude Pro
    Snaptu
    VZ Navigator
    Blackjack
    Uno
    The Weather Channel (quick link)
    Last edited by decolur455; 10-20-09 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Typo
    10-20-09 11:05 PM
    A few things off the top of my head if you don't make it through the million pages in the tips and tricks:

- hitting space bar twice you get a period
    - holding the star key on the home screen gets puts in silent
    - holding it again puts in vibrate
    - I would also recommend doing a daily battery pull to keep you memory fresh
    - and continue to read up on here, lots of more info!
    Thanks for the information!
    10-21-09 08:25 AM
    I have an 8130 and is the best device I've ever owned. I've never had any issues with it; never a call to tech support. I did of course gain a ton of knowledge off of Crackberry dealing with my Pearl.
    Yes, do a batt pull once a day. I usually perform this when I get in bed.
    Yes, remember to close out your apps. If you hit you red hang up key, you'll just sending the app to the background.
    Get rid of the apps/stuff you don't use and delete them off of the device to gain more file free memory. Like the other user stated, check out the BB101 lectures on getting more memory. Things I got rid of:
    1. Help/Video
    2. 2 Themes
    3. Doc's to go. You can still read MS Word/Powerpoint; just can't edit them but if you find yourself needing it, you can reinstall it.
    4. Languages that you don't need
    5. Password Keeper
    A few other bits and pieces I can't think of right now but again, check out BB101 lectures on this.
    Do get an SD Card for you media files, (pix,videos, ringtones) so you don't have to save it to the device memory. I have the things I want for the most part and it still usually have about 15.5MB of file free memory. Device runs great. I do deleted sms, mms and emails I don't need if I do need them, I just email them to my email so I'll have them on my PC. I also delete my call logs regularly. Clear out your browser cache regularly also. Remember a Blackberry isn't a storage depot for 3 year old txt/emails. I've never had my device delete any of my information. Just read up and remember your device memory limit and you should be happy. Also, SureType is great, just learn it and you're love it. It's time for me to upgrade but I'm fretting it cuz I love my Pearl and its been great to me. Good luck

BB Maps
    Pandora
    Facebook1.7
    LaterDude Pro
    Snaptu
    VZ Navigator
    Blackjack
    Uno
    The Weather Channel (quick link)
    Thanks so so much for all your info. I have been reading up on the BB101 and its got great stuff in there! I also have me a mini SD card in my Pearl for extra memory and I do store my pictures and etc on it. I will start doing the battery pull. Thanks again!
    10-21-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD