I have used my Gmail with my Blackberry for a very long time. Whenever an email is sent to my gmail.com address, I get notified on my Blackberry in the same manner as if someone is sending me a text message. When I send out an email message from Gmail, I get a copy of it sent to me on my Blackberry that appears, again, like a text message.

Something has happened in the last week to where I don't get these Gmail alerts anymore. I can't figure out what I did to change the settings or whatever. I remember downloading the Facebook app from Blackberry App World, and I think my Gmail got affected after that (maybe).

Is there anything I can do to get my Gmail acting like it did before on my Blackberry? I have the Google apps on my Blackberry, and I can get to Gmail that way, but it takes longer.

I also don't see an option to remove the Facebook application. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mark
    06-17-09 10:36 PM
    To remove your facebook app, go to options -> advanced options -> applications, then find facebook and delete it.
    06-17-09 10:40 PM
    To remove your facebook app, go to options -> advanced options -> applications, then find facebook and delete it.
    I tried that, and it's weird because Facebook does not appear as one of the applications. It's like a ghost on my phone that won't go away.
    06-17-09 10:52 PM
    Are you sure it is the Facebook app and not just a service book. In other words when you select on the facebook icon does it load a program or does it send you to a download page?
    06-18-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD