Allright so I'm here posting this because I think its in all of us 8100 users minds. I know because if you tinker with things long enough you can do whatever you want to whatever you want. Like how you guys figured out how to get video capabilities on the 8100, which I will say, needs a little work but still. All you crackberry addicts did it someone along the lines figured a way. So now its time. And I'm tired of waiting someone out there. Someone with the knowledge out there tell us....HOW CAN WE GET WIFI ON OUR 8100!!!!!!.... I know everyone wants it. So please someone in this place tell us. How can we get wifi please. Thank you to whoever figures this out. Thank you by every 8100 user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 03:42 AM
    Wi-fi is a hardware function, not a software problem. If you don't have the right electronic parts, you're not gonna get what you're looking for. That's why the wi-fi Pearls have a different model #.

If you want wi-fi, you need an 8120, or an 8220, that's how you get a Pearl with it. Problem solved.

03-16-09 05:50 AM
    Can't you buy a simple cellular part for that though and it would be cheaper than to get a new phone?. And if so how would you install that part?. Plus what version software does the phone have to be to recognize that wifi part?.

03-16-09 08:20 AM
    Can't you buy a simple cellular part for that though and it would be cheaper than to get a new phone?. And if so how would you install that part?. Plus what version software does the phone have to be to recognize that wifi part?.

No you can't buy a part for it.
    03-16-09 08:23 AM
    No you can't buy a part for it.
    sure you can,

:lol:
    but then you would have to take the phone completly apart, resolder the wifi radio in, then hope that you can find a new case that will allow the new radio to fit with inthe protection of the casing. then pray that it works, then rewrite the softwear to allow the 8100's os to use the wifi, and pray that it works, then hope that RIM doesnt find out that you messed with their OS and pray they dont have good lawyers.....

just buy a new phone with wifi.....
    03-17-09 07:39 AM
    epic flaww if you can self install your own wifi :P

maybe they'll rename the 8100 after you
    03-18-09 11:00 AM
    Wish my VZW pearl had Wifi. Freaking Verizon.
    03-18-09 06:22 PM
    Necesito que mi tlf tenga wifi
    12-10-13 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD