i called tmo and asked them to allow me to run tzones (it was even blocking stuff that came though the tzones links) and the REALLY UNHELPFUL GUY on the other end (he put me on hold like 10 times) told me i wasn't allowed to with my plan - i have pay as you go. this can't be correct! i'm allowed to view view the rss feeds that tmo puts up, right?!?!? is there any way to alter my settings to that i can run java script apps. on my phone and get tmobile OUT of the picture?
    01-07-09 01:17 PM
    Is this the correct plan to add? I found this on My-T-mobile under plans:

HotSpot
    Stay connected -- get Wi-Fi access on your laptop, phone, and select cameras and gaming devices at places you already go, including Starbucks, Borders Books and Music stores, airports such as DFW, LAX and SFO, Barnes & Noble bookstores and many more. $9.99

I can add it manually online, but didn't try it yet.
    01-12-09 08:16 AM
    Just got my bill and nothing changed.
    01-25-09 11:29 PM
    ok. Im really confused. I'm not fluent in BB lingo nor technology.
    I have BB pearl 8100. But no internet. When you say you have Tzones plan, what does that mean? I want to get internet but I dont want to pay $20 or more for it.
    Help?
    02-05-09 11:05 AM
    ok. Im really confused. I'm not fluent in BB lingo nor technology.
    I have BB pearl 8100. But no internet. When you say you have Tzones plan, what does that mean? I want to get internet but I dont want to pay $20 or more for it.
    Help?

"t-zones" is a plan for 5.99 a month (offered by the company TMobile) that will allow you to get on certain sites. that a "WAP" sites (in short mobile sites). you can get on weather.com/ traffic.com/ facebook.com regular sites, but not allow full sites like the 8900/9000/9500/9530 can get on with a data package....neither does it allow you do get "data" APPS such as Gmail/Blackberry Maps/google Maps/Facebook app... stuff like that.... it wil also not allow you to get email on your phone. but you can go to the mobile site and look at it that way.....
    Last edited by mjneid; 02-05-09 at 11:44 AM. Reason: lack of information
    02-05-09 11:42 AM
    ok thank you. But when I tried that it said I need web2go, which is like their new thing. I dont know.
    02-05-09 01:50 PM
    As off right now, everything still works and it's been almost 20 hours. let's see what happen later

d.
    Does the blackberry messenger work? (BBM)
    02-12-09 11:41 PM
    Does the blackberry messenger work? (BBM)
    I'm trying to get this squared away with my unlocked Bold. Does the BlackBerry Messenger work with this $5.99 workaround?

And would the Facebook app work with this?
    Last edited by cashcolorchaos; 03-15-09 at 02:57 PM.
    03-15-09 02:50 PM
    Does anyone know if this would work with a Storm? I just got mine unlocked yesterday and it works, but only with the limited internet pages for tzones. No facebook or messangers.

Thanks.
    05-01-09 03:41 PM
    This setting with epc.tmobile.com works with all t-mobile connected phones...

It also allows any internet connected app to work the only apps you mainly will have problems with are the actual rim apps like blackberry app world that checks to see if you have a data plan..

Also any other apps like aim and msn that need a service book will cause problems..

But MYspace, Facebook and all that shet will work fine with this settings
    05-01-09 04:10 PM
    soo all i need to do is get the 5.99 plan? and change the thing from voicestream to tmobile and im good?
    05-02-09 11:39 AM
    So I purchased an new unlocked BB Pearl a few weeks ago and called up my service provider and got all the bells and whistles for it (the BB data plan that is like $34.99 or something ridiculous like that) and thought I was all good to go. But I was so wrong. It constantly tells me that I do not have access to that and I need to "upgrade my service plan to include browsing". (which I am paying for) so after talking to T-Mobile for 4 hours and having R.I.M. wait a week to call me back... I find out that I cannot connect to the EDGE network because as the R.I.M. senior analyst said, "the phone you have has been altered in a way that negates BB's warranty and goes against the user agreement".

I just need to get it from edge to EDGE and I believe everything will be good.

Is anyone who could help me fix this problem? I saw a similar problem someone was having in another thread but it was only for the BB Bold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    06-18-09 11:33 PM
    Does anyone know if this would work with a Storm? I just got mine unlocked yesterday and it works, but only with the limited internet pages for tzones. No facebook or messangers.

Thanks.
    I had a storm from a friend he asked me to unlock for him and I had the same problem, I could not access regular internet like ebay or google, it said I had no data plan, even after changing the APN Settings. What I did was manually install Opera Mini via Desktop manager and 'viola' I can access all internet sites...
    06-18-09 11:45 PM
    So I purchased an new unlocked BB Pearl a few weeks ago and called up my service provider and got all the bells and whistles for it (the BB data plan that is like $34.99 or something ridiculous like that) and thought I was all good to go. But I was so wrong. It constantly tells me that I do not have access to that and I need to "upgrade my service plan to include browsing". (which I am paying for) so after talking to T-Mobile for 4 hours and having R.I.M. wait a week to call me back... I find out that I cannot connect to the EDGE network because as the R.I.M. senior analyst said, "the phone you have has been altered in a way that negates BB's warranty and goes against the user agreement".

I just need to get it from edge to EDGE and I believe everything will be good.

Is anyone who could help me fix this problem? I saw a similar problem someone was having in another thread but it was only for the BB Bold.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Did you try restoring the phone with a clean software?? also try changing the APN settings, go to settings->advanced options->TCP/IP and on APN put epc.tmobile.com and leave user name and password fields blank
    06-18-09 11:48 PM
    as long as you have the tzones plan it should not restrict you unless your phone is still under another carriers connection settings
    06-19-09 01:16 AM
    Did you try restoring the phone with a clean software?? also try changing the APN settings, go to settings->advanced options->TCP/IP and on APN put epc.tmobile.com and leave user name and password fields blank
    Yeah, I reset the phone with clean software and after reading a few other posts changed the APN to epc.tmobile.com from wap.voicestream.com and still no luck. I had called T-mobile to help me when I first got the phone because the it didn't have Browser or any Service Books but now I think the problem is because in Advanced Settings>Host Routing Table - there is nothing in there. Before T-mobile walked me through the reseting of the phone and installing the software again, there was a whole list of choices in it and now nothing. And T-mobile had no clue how to fix it after 4 hours so she sent me to the BB Techs and thats when they told me they couldn't help. It seems like something that should be fixable especially since it had stuff in it before the lady told me to wipe it out.
    06-19-09 12:20 PM
    I have a pearl 8100 and did everything that I was supposed to do in the previous posts, even installed Opera Mini.... but tried to access mobile.blackberry.com and I still get the "not supported" message I can't remember exactly what it says and it tells me to visit the site from my computer.

Any idea on how to change that?

I haven't actually pulled the battery out yet but I have used Quickpull several times and still get the same error.

I have had insanely good luck with using the Facebook App and the Myspace App when before it never worked... that happened after I changed the APN to epc.tmobile.com Now they work amazingly!!!
    10-07-09 11:35 PM
    I have the T-zone and I can check my e-mail using yahoo mail but that's it. Trying this out right now to see if I could get full web.
    08-14-10 08:34 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD