As the title says, I went to Radio Shack and bought the Sandisk 8gb SDHC micro sd card and my phone reconized it from the start. It showed the full amount of the card. I copied everything from my 4gb card to it and it shows the correct amount of space I have left.
    My O.S. is: v4.2.1.96
    My carrier is AT&T
    It was on sale for $49.99
    That is a darn good price! It even came with the reader which I needed anyways. I always had to use my PSP for reading/writing the sdhc cards.
    They are still on sale untill tommorrow! Get'em while you can. They are worth it!
    09-05-08 01:33 PM
    If your BB ever stops recognizing the card(which is possible), you will have to format and then you will not be able to view the 8 GB card.
    09-05-08 01:38 PM
    Cool on the card working. Not cool on the price. 8g $30 bucks on Amazon, with reader Shipped!
    09-05-08 01:40 PM
    Currently, if you do not want a reader it is $24.40 on amazon for 8GB Sandisk micro sd card. Great deal!
    09-05-08 01:45 PM
    Currently, if you do not want a reader it is $24.40 on amazon for 8GB Sandisk micro sd card. Great deal!
    Take that sucker back to RS and get ya 2!
    09-05-08 01:49 PM
    If your BB ever stops recognizing the card(which is possible), you will have to format and then you will not be able to view the 8 GB card.

If it ever does like you say, all you have to do is format it on the PC and it will reconise it again. How does a card work and then quit working?
    Since I am new here, I will keep you up to date on my success.
    09-05-08 01:53 PM
    If it ever does like you say, all you have to do is format it on the PC and it will reconise it again. How does a card work and then quit working?
    Since I am new here, I will keep you up to date on my success.

I'm not saying it will but its possible because the memory card is not formatted to the BB. If you ever have to format the card, it will only read 3.7 GB of that card. Just keep your fingers crossed that you never have to. It happened to me before.
    09-05-08 01:58 PM
    Take that sucker back to RS and get ya 2!

See what happens when your out of the scene for a while? You end up paying twice the amount for the same thing!
    But the problem I had was I needed it now and couldn't wait for the shipping. I am going out of town and I wanted to take my Seinfeld shows with me.
    I have 4 full seasons(24 episode each season) on my phone. Yahoo!
    But you learn from your mistakes. The next ones I buy will be online.
    Thanks for the tips though!
    09-05-08 02:00 PM
    I'm not saying it will but its possible because the memory card is not formatted to the BB. If you ever have to format the card, it will only read 3.7 GB of that card. Just keep your fingers crossed that you never have to. It happened to me before.

True, you have a point there. I ran across something like that a long time ago on some other device. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was though. OK, thanks for the tip also. It's a good thing I didn't format it when I first put it in the phone! WHEEEWWWW!
    09-05-08 02:06 PM
    Just ordered two 8GB through Amazon. One for myself and one for my wife. $58.70 including shipping. I needed a 8GB as my 4GB was just about full.
    09-05-08 02:18 PM
    See what happens when your out of the scene for a while? You end up paying twice the amount for the same thing!
    But the problem I had was I needed it now and couldn't wait for the shipping. I am going out of town and I wanted to take my Seinfeld shows with me.
    I have 4 full seasons(24 episode each season) on my phone. Yahoo!
    But you learn from your mistakes. The next ones I buy will be online.
    Thanks for the tips though!
    Don't feel bad, I ran out the day I got my BB and paid $50 for a 2g card from Worst Buy! ON SALE! I should have known better. The best deals are always online but some times patience (or lack there of) get the best of us!
    09-05-08 02:23 PM
    OK, I guess I need to change the title to: Pearl does NOT support 8GB cards.
    The card was doing fine untill I copied some more music over to it and now it says on bootup, CARD ERROR.
    I can delete the files I just uploaded to it and it will work fine. But when I copy them back, it gives me the same card error.
    So it won't work.... Bummer........
    At least I tried.......
    09-18-08 12:31 PM
    OK, I guess I need to change the title to: Pearl does NOT support 8GB cards.
    The card was doing fine untill I copied some more music over to it and now it says on bootup, CARD ERROR.
    I can delete the files I just uploaded to it and it will work fine. But when I copy them back, it gives me the same card error.
    So it won't work.... Bummer........
    At least I tried.......
    yes, it does work, i also have the pearl 8100, the only mistake was that you need to update your OS to the latest one, thats what happened to my brother too, when he had it and tried to put it inside his curve nothing happend, he he did some research and he found out that the newest the OS is the more memory supports, so i bought off from him for $20 bucks and now (like you said) i have seasons 8-12 of southpark in my phone
    09-18-08 09:58 PM
    I looked around for a newer update for my phone(cingular), but they(cingular) only goes up to where I am now. Should I e-mail RIM about this?
    09-19-08 12:08 AM
    Read sticky number 1!!!! thats your update for you....
    09-20-08 02:02 PM
    As the title says, I went to Radio Shack and bought the Sandisk 8gb SDHC micro sd card and my phone reconized it from the start. It showed the full amount of the card. I copied everything from my 4gb card to it and it shows the correct amount of space I have left.
    Have you tried adding beyond the 4Gb?

I just picked one up and when connecting via a USB cable, if I try to format the card it limits the card to 4Gb. If I format it on the PC of course I get the full 8Gb, the phone seems to recognize it fine and shows the proper amount left.

The problem comes in when I start transferring files to it. I initially tried doing it using the memory card port on my pc. I filled it up! But when I put the card into the phone it says that there is a disk error and I must correct it using a scandisk utility on a pc and won't show any data on the card. I scanned it on the pc - no errors. Put it back in the phone, same message.

So I figured I'd try putting the card in the phone and use the data cable to transfer the files. It goes along (much slower) filling up the card until it reaches around the 4Gb mark then gives me an error "parameter incorrect" on any subsequent files. I haven't as of yet found a way to fill it beyond 4Gb even though it seems to read the first 4Gb fine and shows the proper amount of remaining space just fine.
    01-09-10 12:27 PM
    you should really look at upgrading to the newest OS that WILL solve your problem, I have a 8gb card in mine with about 7GB of movies/music/pics on it and have had no problem at all.
    01-13-10 09:07 PM
    Hey I thought if your 8100 has the 4.5 OS it can read up to 16GB cards???
    01-17-10 05:20 PM
    Yea u'r correct. V4.5.0.81 and higher supports up to 16gb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 06:29 PM
    With O.S.'s 4.5.082 and up, you can actually use 16GB expandable memory.
    blackberry.com/btsc/documentLink.do?externalID=KB05461
    01-22-10 09:37 PM
    Also, I am wondering what is soo much better about the .306 OS than the .182 system? I had it and was not impressed, system seemed slower and despite my configuration with font, words still seems larger.
    01-22-10 09:41 PM
    Also, I am wondering what is soo much better about the .306 OS than the .182 system? I had it and was not impressed, system seemed slower and despite my configuration with font, words still seems larger.
    I share u sentiments. I loaded it yesterday and before the day was done I went back ti .181. Wasn"t impressed at all.
    01-23-10 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD