i been using the pearl 3g for a few month now... the phone is decent just the one thing thats been bugging me is at time the keyboard wont type properly for example when i press space it will space out more then once and sometimes when i type the keyboard will double click when i only press the button once its been happening for some time now... anyone else having this problem with the pearl 3g just want to know thanks
    03-26-11 01:40 PM
    have you tried changing your key rate?

is it only your space key?
    03-26-11 02:39 PM
    it is mostly my space key but sometimes its the other buttons to... and how do u change your key rate?
    03-26-11 02:56 PM
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Rate

Just out of curiosity are you running a official os?
    03-26-11 07:14 PM
    I have been having this same problem for a few months now. I tried changing the key rate, but that does not solve the issue. I am also running an official OS.

The biggest "offender" keys are the 3(U,I) and ?(A,S). However, at some point in time all of the keys have done what theKHMRboy's do.
    03-26-11 07:58 PM
    yes mine is same like the space bar and the a,s and t,y ket and eventually it will be all and i have ran official and leaked os iunno i think its just the hardware of the phone and i have replaced this phone 3 times within the past 7 months i dont know what else to do and my service provider wouldnt even let me upgrade my phone when i keep having the same problem and i guess its happening to other pearl 3g users to this is a really big issue for ppl who have the blackberry pearl 9100 3g
    03-27-11 03:05 PM
    Same problem here. maily affects the upper-left part of my keyboard. Including the Blackberry key (and let me tell you how annoying that is...)
    04-04-11 05:14 PM
    This started to happen to my phone as well so I turned down the key rate and it seems to be okay now.
    04-06-11 04:24 PM
    It started happening to mine about a month ago. I only bought it about 5 months ago.

I saw in the other thread ppl talking about replacing the membrane (dome) underneath. Has anyone tried this with their Pearl 3G?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/tra...-click-241434/
    04-16-11 03:53 AM
    no i actually never tried that before but i think its to much work and now i am looking to get myself a torch 9800
    04-17-11 06:12 PM
    OK, I ended up giving up on my Pearl 3g with the defective keyboard but was able to trade it in.

If anyone else is going to give up on one with a defective keyboard and would like to sell it for parts, please pm me.
    Last edited by mmveets; 05-09-11 at 06:10 PM.
    04-28-11 06:41 PM
    Another victim of the faulty keypad on the 9100 3G. Offending keys for me are mainly the space key, U/I and O/P keys, although a few of the others do it too occasionally.

The phone's only 6 months old, unmodified and still under warranty. The catch, to get it fixed I'd have to travel to Jakarta and leave it with the service centre for a few days to fix which I don't really have time to do. I live in Timor which is a 5 hour flight away!

They've told me the likely cause is water damage. The only time mine might have got wet would be the odd rain drop or the constant humidity here, in which case I think this phone had not been designed properly. I've had lots of phones which have never had issues with the humidity here or the odd rain drop. I have a friend with a 9105 3G and his too is suffering the same fault and has already been fixed once but it's come back again.

Is this something that can be fixed by simply replacing the keypad with a new one like this:

Replacement Repair Part Keypad Keyboard for BlackBerry 9100 - DinoDirect.com

I'm happy enough to do it myself if possible but only if it'll fix the problem.

Thanks
    05-10-11 08:06 PM
    Yeah I couldn't take it anymore so so I call my service provider and got an upgrade with a torch but still have my pearl and the speakers on it is way better and even tho my kepboard on the pearl is not to messed up anymore I'm happy to have the torch but use my pearl 3g as an mp3 player

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 03:40 PM
    my phone is 3 months old, and the p keypad triples each time i press that button. instead of getting an r, i get 7! really annoying!

its very easily fixed! you can do it in like 15 minutes or so
    but (void the warranty)

just buy the t5 screwdriver and loose the four screws lower part of your pearl
    2 at the left and right side of battery
    2 at the bottom of your pearl, the lowest part of your phone just below the keypad(open the casing, its just glued)

after you unscrew the 4 screws, get the whole keypad out.
    and then disassemble it and unpeel the white plastic part,
    you'll see metallic rounded pad. just replace it with any nokia phone one. each button has 1. so you have to replace them all.

assemble, and you're ready to go, i do it in like 15 minutes. its way better than to claim warranty for 2 weeks!!!!

now it works like charm!!!
    mszbzltn likes this.
    07-31-11 02:46 AM
    I had the exact same problem but I FIXED it!!

Basically I did the same as what the above post says - remove the key pad, strip it down to its membrane, remove the white plastic covering the board, this will reveal the contacts, give them a clean with some sort of safe solution, not too much, also clean the membrane, espcailly the metal contacts on it, and put it all back together! You might need to glue the pad back, do not put too much glue, you might ruin it!

Anyways after that there you go, it got mine working great!!

Good luck
    mszbzltn likes this.
    11-08-11 06:12 PM
    I had the exact same problem but I FIXED it!!

You might need to glue the pad back, do not put too much glue, you might ruin it!
    I do. Some UHU glue will do the trick... But now I have an problem with the ringer-speaker / loud-speaker (bottom of device)

Just waiting a few months for end of contract, I will leave this BB crap
    03-27-12 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD