Hi all!

I have the above mentioned phone. Just got it a few days ago. I noticed the flip cover when closed has (what seems to me) a fair amount of side to side play if you grab it at the bottom. When it's open the side to side play isn't evident...at least not nearly as much.

Is this normal for this phone?

Regards,
    Scott
    07-13-09 11:20 PM
    Hi all!

I have the above mentioned phone. Just got it a few days ago. I noticed the flip cover when closed has (what seems to me) a fair amount of side to side play if you grab it at the bottom. When it's open the side to side play isn't evident...at least not nearly as much.

Is this normal for this phone?

Regards,
    Scott
    Hi Scott,

Yes that is normal for these Flips and MOST flip phones in general. Several "official" reviews of the Flips were very concerned about that side to side play. I think it's a design flaw personally, as you will eventually notice, it seems to allow some minor scratching on the LCD and on the keyboard. When you get some micro grit on your Flip, and it moves from side to side, it DOES scratch it a bit. If ya think about it, it really just makes sense that it's going to happen, but you should do what I should have done right away.....

The best thing I would suggest for new Flip owners is to make sure to get some protective film on the inside LCD ASAP!!

I waited a month before I put a hard shell case and protective film on it. Now my LCD does indeed have the classic "half oval" scratches where the LCD meets the trackball area.

Read this post....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/ins...keypad-227185/

Good luck and enjoy your new Flip....they really are sweet devices (with a few minor flaws, like all devices).

Cheers!
    07-14-09 02:14 AM
    Thank you for that advice!

Scott
    07-14-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD