ok so first off i am new to the blackberry world i do know somewhat what to do reprogaming and such i have followed the crackberry 101 on how to's and help. I have downloaded and installed the latest desktop manager and operating system for my blackberry pearl. It is connected and software seems to be working okay. I was given the pearl from a friend. I have unlocked it. My question is . . . I have inserted the sim card and I have the latest operating system running, the phone is unlocked but will not let me make or receive phone calls or text messages. It says SOS where the signal bar is. I have signed up with BES through AT & T, but my question is . .. Is there is anything else I need to do?

My phone won't make or receive calls or text messages !!!! ?????
    05-17-08 11:15 AM
    Turn the radio on....

05-17-08 11:41 AM
    How ya doin'? Does it work yet?
    05-17-08 12:02 PM
    Yup, try turning on the Wireless.
    05-17-08 02:03 PM
    yes the radio is on! iit tries to connect to the network the it says SOS where the strength bar is and has a blue blinking arrow in the top right coner
    05-17-08 04:29 PM
    ok i figured out sumthing that may have happend i did not delete the vendor file i deleted that an am no tring to reinstall a new os i have just used the JL_cmder to wip it i deleted the vendor file and am now reloading the OS
    05-17-08 04:32 PM
    nope didnt work samething sos up in corner with the blue blinking arrow
    05-17-08 05:09 PM
    I get the sos every now and then. Go outside, turn the device off and then back on.
    05-17-08 05:19 PM
    i only get the sos when i dont have signal.
    05-17-08 06:38 PM
    Try reseating the SIM card. Sometimes this helps. Check it's in the right way up.
    05-17-08 06:50 PM
    I used to have this happen all the time. I went in to the att store and they gave me a new sim. Have not had any problems since the sim swap. Oh and welcome to CB
    05-17-08 07:06 PM
    I went to the AT&T store and got a new sim card since mine was like 5 years old. That still has not fixed the problem. Two of the customer service reps even put their sim cards in the phone and it takes a minute to get the signal. It got the signal and we tried to make and recieve calls on it and the second we did it said SOS. The manager said the battery had been wet but the phone did not appear to have gotten wet. But they both definately felt like it was an internal problem. Like I said before I have totally cleaned the phone out and reprogrammed it. I'm open to suggestions please????
    05-17-08 09:12 PM
    If its a new device, they should replace it @ AT&T!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 09:51 PM
    Welcome to your new addiction.
    05-18-08 12:27 AM
    If its a new device, they should replace it @ AT&T!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Its not new - it was given to her by a friend - who from the sounds of it didn't treat it well...
    05-18-08 01:12 AM
    if you don't have insurace on your phone you should get it and wait a bit and go through the motions with your CC and tell them it has bad soft wear and they should replace it for you, I did that with my curve bought it used and it had bad softwear in it and had it replaced for nothing
    05-26-08 09:50 PM
    Hi Dude, i understand ur issue with ur blackberry.. i got the same problem... dude can u please tell me what u did finally to make it work.. please tell me, i need help......
    12-09-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD