I've used alcohol to try and clean the ball several times, it still sticks when I try to scan downwards.

ALSO

When I send text messages they sometimes dissappear and any new incoming texts also don't show. I have to take out my battery on a daily basis, sometimes more often, to get my texts to start working again. Any suggestions??
    01-21-09 02:15 PM
    I don't know about the second problem, but about the trackball, what usually works for me is just turn the unit upside down. With the screen facing down at the ground, move the trackball, pushing it and rolling it. I've never had this fail to clear whatever debris had become lodged in there.

I've used alcohol to try and clean the ball several times, it still sticks when I try to scan downwards.

ALSO

When I send text messages they sometimes dissappear and any new incoming texts also don't show. I have to take out my battery on a daily basis, sometimes more often, to get my texts to start working again. Any suggestions??
    01-21-09 04:04 PM
    just kinda slow and grimey from the oil on my finger i guess. like i said i clean it and it works fine for a day or so but then gets dirty again and hard to move around. should i get a new one?
    01-21-09 04:46 PM
    remove the silver trackball ring and then the trackball removes. It is the same kind of contacts as for a normal mouse ball. Clean the contacts with a little alcohol reinsert trackball and silver ring and everything will be great. I have had to do this several times over the years.
    01-21-09 04:52 PM
    I don't know about the second problem, but about the trackball, what usually works for me is just turn the unit upside down. With the screen facing down at the ground, move the trackball, pushing it and rolling it. I've never had this fail to clear whatever debris had become lodged in there.
    Thanks soo much for the help it worked like a charm Thanks again
    01-21-09 08:40 PM
    Jared, you have a low memory issue. Use the search tool here on memory optimization...
    01-21-09 08:43 PM
    I just use an alcohol pad on my trackball....never have to take it apart just roll over trackball until you see it moving on home screen.
    01-21-09 11:38 PM
    Mouse ball sticking made me lol. I pictured the little helpers from Cinderella. Have you searched the how to clean and remove your trackball thread Jared?
    01-21-09 11:43 PM
    I find that most of the time a quick blast of air will solve it without taking anything apart. Just be careful you don't blast the pieces everywhere.
    01-22-09 03:54 AM
    My ball was sticking this morning...I turned off the phone......Pressed really hard on the ball and rolled it...Lint came out...and, not sticking!!!
    02-08-10 07:20 AM
    For future searchers these will cover both issues.

How to Clean the TrackBall

How to Increase your BB's Memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 09:03 AM
    I find that most of the time a quick blast of air will solve it without taking anything apart. Just be careful you don't blast the pieces everywhere.
    now i wouldn't want that t' happend would i
    02-08-10 10:42 PM
    for the trackball...it has got dust particles in it...either refer to the post 'how to clean ur trackball' or get it replaced with a new one....dun use alcohol quite frequently - i have done it in the past and my phone caught up with moisture and stopped responding....

abt ur messages - delete unwanted applications and clear memory..
    02-09-10 01:16 PM
    I think the best method would be BigBadWulf's on bcause air usually will blow away the dust particles.
    02-09-10 10:14 PM
    Thanks Ansaf! Just try to do that out of the BB, or you'll possibly lift the keypad membrane and really have an issue.
    02-09-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD