Hey I just got my device yesterday. After being transferred numerous times, I find out that MACS and Blackberrys aren't compatible. So how am I supposed to synch up my calendar and address book? How do I transfer files from my itunes to my device????

Sorry if this has been posted already. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    08-01-08 12:35 PM
    There is an entire section of the forum dedicated to Mac Users!!

Look for the PocketMac program (FREE)

The MissingSync for BlackBerry is also a program that will help (not free)

OR, do what I do on my Mac and run Windows XP Pro SP3 just to make your Berry completely happy!! It is the best decision I have ever made in terms of syncing my Berry... this has saved me many many headaches and frustration!

I really do not like running Windows on my MBP, but it gets the job done!

*EDIT* : O yeah, Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    08-01-08 12:38 PM
    Hey I just got my device yesterday. After being transferred numerous times, I find out that MACS and Blackberrys aren't compatible. So how am I supposed to synch up my calendar and address book? How do I transfer files from my itunes to my device????

Sorry if this has been posted already. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    I run windows with boot camp on mac air. Stay away from pocket mac it does not match UP correctly nor leave you with a backup of the BB.

WELCOME TO THE CRACK
    08-01-08 01:06 PM
    You can also enable mass media mode for your media card and just use it like a USB mass storage device.
    08-01-08 01:17 PM
    i would just enable mass storage on the blackberry and it will mount when usb plugged into the mac. then just drag and drop your files (ringtones, pdf, ppt, doc) pm if you want more info....i have a macbook and a 8830 with 4.5.0.51 os it all works great together....WINDOWS = BOOOO
    08-01-08 02:32 PM
    lol....you're just figuring this out now.
    for years....*EVERYTHING* and macs are not compatible

Lol,
    Dm
    08-01-08 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    It's been a full 24 hours since I got my phone, still learning. I think I am addicted already!
    08-01-08 08:20 PM
    Oh boy. That seems like too much for something so simple. SMH

Thanks for the welcome!
    08-01-08 08:21 PM
    I have been using PC's my whole life. Just got a MAC and yes I am now finding out they aren't compatible. I bought the sprint broadband mobile device last month. After a few days of frustration they tell me to activate it on a pc first then use it on my MAC. *heavy sigh*
    08-01-08 08:23 PM
    I have the same thing you have. I will try and hopefully it will work!
    08-01-08 08:24 PM
    "lol....you're just figuring this out now.
    for years....*EVERYTHING* and macs are not compatible
    "

Yeah, but I LOVE my MAC!

I use missing sync. If you choose to use this program, you might have to restart your Mac and do a battery pull on the BB when you sync.

I have my address book, calendar and lots of music on my BB with a 4 gig card.
    08-01-08 10:15 PM
    I got my Curve to sync with my Macbook. It took me hours to do but it is possible.
    08-01-08 10:25 PM
    Follow these instructions with Pocket Mac

w w w.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id=96

sorry about the link apparently I cant post urls yet.
    08-01-08 10:34 PM
    Many problems with pocketmac....Missing Sync is the easiest/best ....I use it with my Pearl 8130 and iMac running Leopard..Simple for me , am not a computer guy.
    Last edited by halliguy; 08-02-08 at 06:31 AM.
    08-02-08 06:24 AM
    I got my Curve to sync with my Macbook. It took me hours to do but it is possible.
    I didn't feel like fooling with it. I downloaded the pocketmac but it didn't do me any good.
    I ended up adding missing info manually in the address book last night. :-(
    08-02-08 10:58 AM
    Follow these instructions with Pocket Mac

w w w.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id=96

sorry about the link apparently I cant post urls yet.
    It's all gravy. I really didn't have too much info in my calendar to synch anyway. :-)
    08-02-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD