Greetings,

I have chosen to become the resident Blackberry app hub for my data pool.
    I would like to have my desktop manager recognize blackberry Pearls and Curves from different vendors (IE: Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint) and be able to load the same apps on the phones without encountering the "There are no applications designed for your device" issue.

I have loaded all of the install files of latest Operating Systems for the various phones onto my laptop. I have also deleted the "Vendor.XML" file created when the OS loads onto the laptop.

However, I still encounter the "There are no applications designed for your device" issue. Is the problem Desktop Manager? I ask this now because I notice that if I uninstall the version of Desktop Manager that came with my sprint Pearl and install the one that came with my associates Verizon Curve,
    I no longer encounter the issue....until I try loading an app on my sprint pearl. Then the situation is the same, just reversed.

What is the factor that locks out the other devices being allowed on the laptop?

I am exceedingly frustrated because I can load up my work berry (T-mobile 8700 series) with no problems using the software for my Sprint Pearl.

Any help figuring this out is greatly appreciated.

Dm
    06-16-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD