Hi all,

My wife's BB flip on Rogers sometime gets a blank screen when opening the flip, this is happening more often then not now.
    any ideas what the problem can be , defective?
    She got the phone a couple of months ago and it's pretty much in a default state.

Much appreciated,
    09-21-09 09:27 AM
    Sounds like what I posted here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/str...arging-315668/

Are you getting the problem when your phone is left on the charging stand for a long time? That's the only time I've seen it with mine.
    09-21-09 11:18 AM
    Hmm ... not sure when it happens but apparently random.

Can it be a HW issue?
    09-21-09 12:23 PM
    yep, i've had the same problem a couple time. I've even had the phone freeze in the middle of the night...miss my alarm, and be late for work...damn...

I've tried reloading OS, etc. and didn't seem to help. Next bet is to get a warranty replacement!
    09-21-09 08:32 PM
    Its a flip hinge problem , defective contact.
    When you play with the hinge the screen comes on and off.

Must replace and it's a prob with most flip phones and it looks like especially this one.
    09-22-09 08:26 AM
    Is it just me or is this BB 8230 a piece of cr**.

The hinge is defective and they are sending it in for repair after only 30 days ( they won't give me a new one because RIM only repairs after that time )

Not a happy camper now
    09-24-09 10:04 AM
    I was told by the Store manager for Bell to upgrade the OS and it will solve the prob. as she had same issue? WTF

Can this be the prob?
    09-28-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD