I acquired a Blackberry flip 8220, but cannot use it because when it boots up, it pops up a screen to unlock it. I enter blackberry like it says, but then it asks for password 2 of 3??? Is there a way to reset? Or, do I need to basically reinstall the operating system? What is the simplest way to do this? I have never reinstalled the software on a blackberry. I have downloaded the Desktop manager and the blackberry flip 8220 firmware.....one called something Indostat??? I am in Texas, so I need English and have tmobile. It says something about removing the vendor.xml file. Help with this would be appreciated.
    07-16-09 10:07 AM
    First off the way you say you acquired it makes it sound like you found or stole it. If that is the case please try to get it back to the person that it belongs to.

If that's not the case, then when it asks you for a password and you enter it incorrectly it will ask you to type blackberry. It does this because after 10 incorrect tries, it will erase itself so that the data stored on it, does not end up in the wrong hands.

After you enter blackberry, it will ask you again to enter your password, that's the 2 of 3 you are talking about. Type in something and hit enter. It will probably ask you to type blackberry again. Eventually it will give you a last chance warning, then it will erase itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:15 PM
    First off the way you say you acquired it makes it sound like you found or stole it. If that is the case please try to get it back to the person that it belongs to.

If that's not the case, then when it asks you for a password and you enter it incorrectly it will ask you to type blackberry. It does this because after 10 incorrect tries, it will erase itself so that the data stored on it, does not end up in the wrong hands.

After you enter blackberry, it will ask you again to enter your password, that's the 2 of 3 you are talking about. Type in something and hit enter. It will probably ask you to type blackberry again. Eventually it will give you a last chance warning, then it will erase itself.

So who set the password up at the first place?
    07-16-09 11:00 PM
    So who set the password up at the first place?
    The person who the phone actually belongs to.
    07-17-09 08:53 AM
    Acquired.. You mean found/stole ..

07-17-09 01:58 PM
    shafer44, a few Words to the wise:

Stolen Sidekick Thieves Leave Photo, Message Trail - The Internet Patrol
    Camera Phone Thief Danny Aquino Busts Self - Sends Camera Phone Pics to Owner - The Internet Patrol

While neither of these incidents involved Blakcberries, the principle is the same. Find the true owner and give it back.
    07-17-09 03:16 PM
    I acquired a Blackberry flip 8220, but cannot use it because when it boots up, it pops up a screen to unlock it. I enter blackberry like it says, but then it asks for password 2 of 3??? Is there a way to reset? Or, do I need to basically reinstall the operating system? What is the simplest way to do this? I have never reinstalled the software on a blackberry. I have downloaded the Desktop manager and the blackberry flip 8220 firmware.....one called something Indostat??? I am in Texas, so I need English and have tmobile. It says something about removing the vendor.xml file. Help with this would be appreciated.
    I smell a fish also....

You use the word "Acquired" and you don't have the unlock code....hmmmmm

Sea Bass anyone???

I hope the real owner gets their Flip back!
    07-18-09 07:09 PM
    Hello! I am a BB user and my boyfriend recently bought one too (pearl flip) but he has been having problems... his battery wasn't working so he went back to the shop and they changed it for him. The shop assistant changed the password and put in 123456. Back at home he wanted to put in his usual password and went entered in options and tried to change the password but from that moment neither 123456 or his password has worked! Now it is blocked. The message to write blackberry appears and then to put in the password but neither his one or the one the shop assistant put in works! Only 3 tries left!!
    What can we do? Thanks in advance for any help!
    07-19-09 03:31 AM
    Make sure you are holding the 'alt' key when you type in the numbers. I'm pretty sure you are actually typing in letters.
    07-19-09 11:42 AM
    Hello! I am a BB user and my boyfriend recently bought one too (pearl flip) but he has been having problems... his battery wasn't working so he went back to the shop and they changed it for him. The shop assistant changed the password and put in 123456. Back at home he wanted to put in his usual password and went entered in options and tried to change the password but from that moment neither 123456 or his password has worked! Now it is blocked. The message to write blackberry appears and then to put in the password but neither his one or the one the shop assistant put in works! Only 3 tries left!!
    What can we do? Thanks in advance for any help!
    That's very strange....does not any make sense? You took it to a retailer, they changed the battery and for some reason changed the password?? Why would they do that? Changing the battery takes all of 10 seconds. What "shop" is this?
    07-19-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD