i'm synched up to two of my online accounts. what's the big deal of having a blackberry email? i'd just have to like give everyone a 3rd email address for me. and the other ones are working just fine....

pros and cons?
    07-21-07 05:49 PM
    i'm synched up to two of my online accounts. what's the big deal of having a blackberry email? i'd just have to like give everyone a 3rd email address for me. and the other ones are working just fine....

pros and cons?
    Blackberry email is using push technology. You get your mail, as soon as it goes to your mailbox.

Other mail accounts, are pulled every 15 minutes (e.g. pop accounts).

That's for BIS.

If you're on BES, then you are already having your corporate email pushed to your berry.
    07-21-07 06:31 PM
    The Blackberry email account is if you need a non push account (pop3) delivered instantly. You forward that account to you BB email account.

You should not give out the BB email account because if it gets on a spam list, there is no spam filter. You would have to completely disable it or take the spam. It is meant to be used for forwarding.
    07-21-07 08:20 PM
    This is a newbie question...
    Can you setup email account without using BES or BIS? I currently have a Treo650 on Tmobile with their T-Zones plan. I get unlimited internet and email by using the proxy setting and wonder if this will work with a blackberry. I was planning to switch over to the Pearl 8100 but do not want to pay extra for the Blackberry plan. Does the Pearl have an email client similar to the Palm or Winmob that I can setup email using the T-Zones plan? I am using this for personal and I don't need to get my mail the instance it arrives but a way to check and read mail when I can't get to my home computer for convenience.

Anyone familiar with this issue?
    08-07-07 01:30 AM
    I think you can't setup it without having some BB service. Why you dont just change to BB service?
    08-07-07 02:16 AM
    This is a newbie question...
    Can you setup email account without using BES or BIS? I currently have a Treo650 on Tmobile with their T-Zones plan. I get unlimited internet and email by using the proxy setting and wonder if this will work with a blackberry. I was planning to switch over to the Pearl 8100 but do not want to pay extra for the Blackberry plan. Does the Pearl have an email client similar to the Palm or Winmob that I can setup email using the T-Zones plan? I am using this for personal and I don't need to get my mail the instance it arrives but a way to check and read mail when I can't get to my home computer for convenience.

Anyone familiar with this issue?
    You could quite possibly use GMail mobile to check your email whenever you want,(i do it everyday, no BB plan) assuming you do not want push email, by adjusting the proxy/TCP settings within your BB.
    08-07-07 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD