Hi all,

I have a question on the BB Desktop Redirector. I installed the BB desktop mainly to get music onto my BB. I do check and send emails as needed from it, and have my mail read with outlook.
    My question is what exactly does the redirector do, in layman terms? it starts up everytime I restart my computer, and I get this kind of message a lot in my inbox on outlook, from an address like

RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2
    [email protected]

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 10
    AxgAAAAAAAAAAQ!!
    ENDETP -1960285188

If I end the program, I get a warning about it wont redirect, but I still get my email. Am I or did I do something wrong?
    Thanks, Digger
    PS, my Pearl is doing the network disconnect, so I have a world edition curve coming in a couple days.
    04-01-09 11:22 AM
    Network@etp email messages arrive on the BlackBerry smartphone

BlackBerry Redirector is a program included on the CD that came with your BB. You can run it on a home computer or office computer but you must leave the computer on 24 hours a day. The software will watch for new emails arriving in Microsoft Outlook and then automatically forward a copy of these emails to your BlackBerry.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-01-09 at 12:49 PM.
    04-01-09 12:45 PM
    That would explain why they stack up after I go online. I use my BB as a modem, and disconnect when not in use. Living in the sticks has drawbacks...
    But, it still works fine with it closed, or maybe I think I am closing it like a regular program, and it is only minimizing it and running in the background of my laptop?
    Thanks for the help!
    04-01-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD