Hi there,
    Im new to the site, so forgive me if its been asked before.
    But Ive been useing blackberry chat for a while and not had any problems untill this past week.
    It seems the little indicator happy face is staying on with a 1 next to it...even though i DONT have any new messages..ive read them and or replied to them.
    the onlly way to make this guy disapeer is to end the chat i have going..or reset the device.
    however..it happens agian.

It's a bit frusterateing.
    any sugestions other then takeing it in to telus?
    TIA
    05-31-08 09:56 PM
    Battery pull usually fixes it.

But...I've heard that you can re install the OS just to be sure.
    05-31-08 09:59 PM
    also part of the problem seems to be that when im looking at the mailbox..and say theres two chats and an email and you can preview them (the list of stuff you have going on)
    the indicator yellow happy face will be on..and preview wil say something. like "oh i just found.." (preview to the last mesage in the conversation) but i click on that message theres no new mesasge and i cant find the message thats int he preview.. 'oh i just found' so maybe im not GETTING all the new messages? dose that make sense

so maybe there really IS a new message but when i click on the chat it dosnt appear hese the 1 and happy face indicator on the main screen because i havent read the message(that isnt appearing) yet

haha i dont even think im makeing sense..hope someones able to follow me

i might just have to take it into telus
    05-31-08 10:01 PM
    yeah the battery pull dose seem to help..but since its a reocurring issue(3 or 4 times in the last week) i was wondering if theres somethign else i could try.

This is my 2nd phone..the first was replaced because the internet (which i have unlimited) kept stopping working after 5 minutes.. the battery pull would solve that problem too..haha id hate to be on my THIRD black berry in two months haha.
    05-31-08 10:03 PM
    hi, BB password is not working due to key pad has change in to letters,what should i do
    i have only 2 chances
    please help me
    01-10-13 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD