Hello Everyone,

What are your thoughts on the Blackberry Browser, likes and dislikes?

I like the way how it displays webpages as it should be displayed, but it doesn't support links "hover effect", javascript support doesn't quite work properly and it's kinda slow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:01 AM
    Compared to Safari it sucks. Period. Next question?
    10-22-09 02:10 PM
    Compared to Safari it sucks. Period. Next question?
    What you talking about, BOLT Browser or Iphone?

10-22-09 02:14 PM
    What you talking about, BOLT Browser or Iphone?

whats the topic name?.. oh... theres your answer
    10-22-09 02:49 PM
    Terrible browser. Poorly devised, slow and counter-intuitive. But then, the web was never meant to viewed on a 240 x 320, 2.5" screen - however 'mobile' a website may profess to be.
    10-23-09 07:40 AM
    As others mentioned, it's too slow with Javascript on. I find it tolerable with Javascript off, no background image support and medium or low image quality.

It also doesn't seem to handle data entry boxes very well, They don't wrap when typing and it's sometimes difficult to position the cursor.

A poor implementation for a smartphone.

I use Opera Mini.
    10-23-09 03:12 PM
    I used the browser for a long time. It is very slow and the java stinks on it. Go with opera mini its much much faster and almost all sites auto load in mobile format.

10-29-09 07:39 AM
    There's a Safari for Blackberry? Yikes, need to keep up with this stuff, Blackberry browser is horid, I've been using Opera and it runs great.
    10-29-09 10:25 AM
    I was using an ipod touch before I got my blackberry and I was amazed at how slowly the browser loads. It's like im on edge, but im using wi-fi. The screen is also a little small for my liking when viewing real web pages. But if you can get past that, its a pretty good browser. It doesn't crash on my (or hasn't yet) like it often does on my itouch. They keyword for the 82xx browser is patience.
    11-04-09 09:11 PM
    I have had both Opera and Bolt on my Flip. I prefer Bolt. I like the way you can enter into the text boxes directly and I like getting the larger web page to scroll around in -- ok, that might make me weird -- but I think Opera's formatting of the page kind of stretches out the data too much for me.

Like I said, I'm weird...

Edited for spelling -- like thats gonna help....
    11-05-09 07:40 AM
    I have had both Opera and Bolt on my Flip. I prefer Bolt. I like the way you can enter into the text boxes directly and I like getting the larger web page to scroll around in
    You can get a zoomed-out view in Opera Mini. Make sure Mobile view is not checked in Settings, then press 5 on any Web page. This should give you a box you can move around the screen like BOLT does.

but I think Opera's formatting of the page kind of stretches out the data too much for me.
    Yes, it seems BOLT uses taller, narrower fonts. Opera Mini uses wider fonts. I would like to see a slightly narrower font in Opera Mini.
    11-05-09 09:31 AM
    Well I still cannot try Bolt since my flip "doesn't see any internet connection" error .
    Cannot install google apps too (gmail most needed) for same error code so I use Opera mini .
    Well the list of downloaded-and-not-used apps grows
    (still in my free 30 days offered by my carrier - Tim Italy - for any new branded BB)

Regarding the BB browser I'd like the tabbed browsing .
    11-06-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD