i downloaded opera mini a few days ago, and i'm trying to figure out how to erase the browser that came with my bb. i can't delete it off of my phone, and it won't show up in the application loader... anyone know how to do this? i am trying to free up my memory and this is really my last option.
    07-11-08 05:04 AM
    That's not a good idea! You can't download things to your phone using opera.
    07-11-08 05:44 AM
    oh, good to know. thanks!
    07-11-08 05:52 AM
    Plus as I found out, third party apps like Opera mini dont always mesh well with some themes, and so on; leaving you no choice but to fall back on the native browser. I'd recommed leaving it on there, just in case.
    07-11-08 07:55 AM
    Yes, leave the stock BB Browser on your phone. I deleted it a few months back thinking I'd be okay with Opera Mini. Not the case! I scrambled around for three days to get it back!
    07-11-08 10:29 AM
    I work for Opera and on phones with JSR-75, you can now upload and download files using Opera Mini 4.1

Jason
    07-14-08 07:33 AM
    Even if your broswer preference is Opera, it is best to keep the BB Browser for backup reasons. You can always hide the icon from the home screen and you will never remember it is there!

I personally hate Opera Mini and the BB Browser in OS 4.5 is far better!! There are some features in Opera I love, but others that are dealbreakers for me!

I hope Firefox comes out with a mobile browser, although I would still use the BB browser anyhow
    07-14-08 07:37 AM
    Yes, leave the stock BB Browser on your phone. I deleted it a few months back thinking I'd be okay with Opera Mini. Not the case! I scrambled around for three days to get it back!
    I deleted my browser and my media net (don't know how I did, but I did) How do I get it back?
    08-21-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD