So I was just wonder I know that you should NEVER let the Battery completly drain, (somehow it happened to me). But what I want to know is when is the "best" time to recharge it. From the little bit that I have read from people they are saying they do it around 25-30%. This has not been what I have been doing as I love my CrackBerry and have many USB cables and chargers for it now (in just a few days :-) ) But I have one in my car at all time at home, school, work everywere I go I can almost charge it none stop. I dont know if this is bad or not. So is what I doing bad and is there a better way to do it.
    Scott
    A CrackBerry Addict
    01-06-09 11:22 AM
    It's actually a good practice to allow the battery to drain down to 1 bar every now-and-then. As far as when to charge your BB, it doesn't matter. The battery, BB and chargers are all "smart" devices and none of them will harm your battery...even if you leave it on the charger for a week. REVISED - OEM chargers that is. Make sure the charger's output meets the BB's input.

Once the battery fully charges, the charger will go into "trickle" mode and will only charge the battery when it dips below a certain point. Some users leave thier BB in a cradle for most of the day while others charge it once a day. Then there's the rest of us who charge our BB's...whenever.

BTW- I noticed this was your first post. Welcome to CB!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 01-06-09 at 11:45 AM.
    01-06-09 11:31 AM
    You can let your battery drop occasionally, but it is not good to let it drain completely, and definitely not all the time. I usually charge my phone 1-2 times per day, depending on the usage. Lately I have been charging it around 8pm, and it is on the charger until the next morning, unless I am replying to an email or text.
    01-06-09 11:37 AM
    I read another post that had a link in it (I think it was something like battery university.com? - cheesy ain't it) which explained that you should not let the lithium ion battery drain completely and it was ok to charge at any level, even 80 or 90%.

now I charge mine all the time.
    01-06-09 11:42 AM
    Wow thanks everyone. This is good information. So as long as it is the OEM charger and everything is good, leaving it charger will not do any damage. And letting it drop down a little is not going to kill it. :-) This is good news. I think I will like this form more and more every day. Thanks for the fast replys. I look forward to getting to know everyone that I meet. And I will just posting all my Q and A. Thanks CrackBerry

Scott
    P.S. Could OEM charger be like my USB cable and my laptop with the BlackBerry Desktop Software on it?
    Last edited by crackaddictforbb; 01-06-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-06-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD