If I tell AT&T I am using an unlocked 8220 (to register with their network, etc), will they force me to get a data plan on that line? Thanks.
    08-03-10 03:45 PM
    If I tell AT&T I am using an unlocked 8220 (to register with their network, etc), will they force me to get a data plan on that line? Thanks.
    AT&T won't force you to do anything. But you will need at least a BB personal plan to get email, web, etc. Otherwise it's just a glorifed phone. You will be able to use the wifi for web access, just not email.
    08-03-10 04:13 PM
    AT&T won't force you to do anything. But you will need at least a BB personal plan to get email, web, etc. Otherwise it's just a glorifed phone. You will be able to use the wifi for web access, just not email.
    Oh okay, great, thanks for the response. My mom actually uses that phone just to make calls once in a while...she doesn't use the internet at all, so that would be sort of pointless, haha.
    08-03-10 04:28 PM
    Just for reference, I have had no issues on AT&T with the unlocked 8220. I've used both TMo and Rogers 8220 versions on AT&T with no problems.
    08-03-10 04:32 PM
    Thanks everyone. Also, is it important that I register this device with AT&T (i.e., call them up and give them the IMEI number, etc)?
    08-04-10 07:23 PM
    Thanks everyone. Also, is it important that I register this device with AT&T (i.e., call them up and give them the IMEI number, etc)?
    If you want email and mobile web to your flip, you must call AT&T to turn on the service. Yes, have that IMEI number at the ready. It's printed on the box the phone came in, so you won't need to pull the battery to read it to the operator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD