So I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this out, it's really frustrating. I have a Mac so the Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't an option of transferring themes; however my computer does have Bluetooth which is an easy of transferring them. I can't for the LIFE OF ME get them to show up or apply on my Blackberry 8100. I've read about Plasma but I don't think I need to download it separately as I have version 4.2 on my phone. I've been looking online for ways to transfer the files with Bluetooth and not the Desktop manager but I can't find anything. Also, does anyone know the file type that the theme has to be? Right now I've tried .thm, .alx, and .jad. I have no problem receiving the files via Bluetooth on my phone, but afterward they don't show up in the file I downloaded them to and I've rebooted my phone and looked in the theme section, nothing. Please anyone!
    05-04-09 10:06 PM
    i download themes all the time i think the easiest way is to do it as an ota download, you should be able to have a link sent directly to your phone and it'll download within minutes.
    05-07-09 07:33 PM
    I have had the same problem. i am tired of paying for themes that I cannot apply from desktop manager. I get an error every time "No additional applications designed for your device were found". I have no problem with OTA downloads though.
    05-20-09 08:22 AM
    ok...alx. and cod. have to be together when transfered to your phone and only with DM. jad. and. jar. can be put in a file on your phone by going to media then press menu then explore
    {i use the documents file} open jad. file from there jar. wont work that way....Hope that helps
    05-20-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD