Is it possible to somehow link or get connected from a gaming system (ps3) to a blackberry in order to playonline? If so, does anyone know how I can do this?
    08-15-08 11:43 AM
    I think it is possible... but i do know that the PS3 is limited to seeing remotes and headsets currently. There may be hope though.

If your phone supports the OBEX protocol for object exchange you may have the FTP profile in your phone's bluetooth stack. Try setting your phone into the FTP mode and turn on the PS3. If all goes well, your phone will show up as a removable drive in the XMB. This is a long shot though.

You'll also have to consider your carrier. Phones with bluetooth support tend to support a full range of profiles. Many larger carriers restrict the use of these profiles and limit you to Headset and Hands-Free. US companies that typically cripple the bluetooth stack include Verizon(worst), Tmobile(phone dependent) and AT&T/Cingular(phone dependent)

Good luck.If it doesnt work through bluetooth you can always use your phone's SD card as a removable storage device.
    08-15-08 12:05 PM
    Even if this was possible, your gameplay would be horrendous!

You would probably end up lagging out of 90% of your games and the other 10% would be unbearable! Tunneling your connection through a device with limited speeds, such as your BlackBerry, is a bad idea
    08-15-08 12:13 PM
    Ditto what NM said. The connection is basically dial up speeds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:22 PM
    I've pinged my speed at a mind boggleing 10kbps. Lmao, yea so no tunneling. The Xbox 360 requires a ping rate of 450 and up. Not sure about the ps3.

08-16-08 04:36 PM
    Well thanks for your help... hehe! Sucks but I am glad I asked before trying it.

But if you connect your computer to your bb and you can get internet, is the internet fast or just as slow as on your phone?
    08-18-08 09:29 AM
    10kbps slow, main that soo slow. On a bad day your PC runs what like 45-75kbps, and you see how slow that goes.

08-18-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD