My black berry is just stuck "thinking"(hour glass spinning), no matter what I do it doesn't stop, even if I take the battery out and put it back in, it just does the same thing.

Anybody have a fix?(8100)
    07-02-08 04:22 PM
    Hmm. Did you do anything different before experiencing this problem? IE - OS upgrade, new app installation... Anything?
    07-02-08 04:30 PM
    When you did the battery pull, did you pull it out while the phone was still on?
    07-02-08 04:33 PM
    Nope, just un plugged from the charger this morning looked at it and there it was.......spinning ever so gracefully....taunting....spinning....taunting.... .

.........Oh, sorry abou that, lost my train of though, I really need to get this fixed, I'm starting to take it as a personal affront to my tech savy.

"Did you pull the battery with the power on?"
    Yes, but only becuase you can't turn it off....so not much choice there.
    07-02-08 04:34 PM
    As sunkast said, did you pull the battery while the phone was still on???
    07-02-08 04:35 PM
    The BlackBerry is prone to self-indulgent intellectual periods where it just thinks and thinks and thinks. Very self-involved device it is.

If you left it for a few minutes after a battery pull and it hasn't come back it might be time to try to restore a backup from the DM or load a fresh OS if you don't have a backup.
    07-02-08 04:37 PM
    The BlackBerry is prone to self-indulgent intellectual periods where it just thinks and thinks and thinks. Very self-involved device it is.
    Hehe.... Aw this made me laugh....
    07-02-08 04:38 PM
    I'm starting to think it's dead(to me), it's a shame too I heard so many good things, now it's seemingly just as problematic as my Palm was( the phone not my hand.....in fact my hand works quite well....but you might not want to know that ). Oh well, I guess I'll just buy a rotary phone, I hear they are tops in reliability.
    07-02-08 04:41 PM
    Do a search for Nuked Pearl and it will walk you through restoration if the houglass won't go away. After OS upgrade I've watched the hourglass for over 30 minutes so if you tried installing something, maybe that could be causing your problem.
    07-02-08 08:51 PM
    Well you can re install the OS.. or look at the Nuked Pearl thread
    07-03-08 03:52 AM
    I have found that somethimes you have to pull the battery and give it an extra second before putting back in. Once it pulls up and verifies software then that usually goes away. I had that happen with a certain website. My blackberry does not like that website and freezes everytime.
    07-03-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD