Like most people on the board, I'm really enjoying my new Blackberry 8130 Pearl after a couple of years of Razr addiction. I've already gained a lot of great tips from the board too, so thanks for that! I have a question about how birthdays are displaying in my calendar. I have been entering birthdays in my address book in the appropriate field, but the calendar is displaying all birthdays as follows:

" 's Birthday "

It is omitting any name reference from the calendar entry. Weird. Any suggestions and is anyone else having this issue?
    11-18-07 08:16 PM
    Not sure. I just tried it on my 8100 Pearl with a Beta of 4.3.1 and it seems to work just fine. This is a new feature of the 4.3 OS, by the way. It's possible that a software update will be necessary to fix it. I also notice that if you change the date in the address book it doesn't change it in the calendar. I'll have to play with it some more but it looks like it enters it in the calendar once and then you have to edit in the calendar after that.

Have you tried pulling the battery to reboot?
    11-18-07 08:56 PM
    Tried to reboot - no change. My software is up to date. It's weird because some of the entries appear to be working while some clearly have the "'s" issue. I've started to go through and do a manual clean-up, but it sort of defeats the purpose of pulling the contact birthdays/anniversaries into the calendar automatically.
    11-18-07 09:19 PM
    Did you enter first AND last name in the address book fields when you initially put the birthdate in there?
    11-18-07 10:02 PM
    Yes - I always enter a first and last name in the address book. It's really strange because it is not a universal problem impacting all entries.
    11-19-07 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD