im sure you have seen this but this is for those that havent. BGR got to unbox an 8220 already...

T-Mobile BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 unboxing : Boy Genius Report
    10-05-08 11:45 AM
    10-05-08 01:15 PM
    Haha! That's Ok..Kevin beat you all, lmao!!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-kic...rtphone-review
    10-05-08 01:34 PM
    Mmmmm, but Kev's still said 9100 in the about screen, not a retail unit with the pretty big pink T on the box.
    10-05-08 01:39 PM
    OS and a pretty pink T-Mobile logo make THAT much of a difference?, half the time when people buy a new device they spend their time trying to figure out how to "unbrand" that pretty carrier logo anyway.
    10-05-08 01:45 PM
    Haha, I know, just messing with you!
    10-05-08 02:00 PM
    Send it to Kevin
    10-05-08 03:14 PM
    I noticed BG trash talked the display on the phone. It looked fine on the videos that I've seen of the phone. I wouldn't necessarily expect it to look as good as a higer end Berry.
    10-05-08 04:30 PM
    I noticed BG trash talked the display on the phone. It looked fine on the videos that I've seen of the phone. I wouldn't necessarily expect it to look as good as a higer end Berry.
    Seriously, I think BG got a bad unit, I've seen quite a few that never were as pixeled as he was describing. Unless he was just exaggerating. lol
    10-05-08 05:00 PM
    10-05-08 05:15 PM
    I don't buy that review, it does not follow ANY previous review of the phone. It states the phone's screen is poor, yet every other review states the screen looks excellent. Also, BGR knocked the phone for being "light". Hmm...to me that's a plus not a negative. Sorry, but not everyone wants to carry around a huge phone.
    10-06-08 06:57 AM
    You're not on board with a biased review? Mr. iPhone himself has spoken. I promise you that if there was an iPhone flip coming out, BGR would call it the greatest invention in the history of time.

Other than the recessed trackball (which has been complained about in a few reviews I have seen), there isn't much difference between this blackberry and most others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 07:48 AM

You do realize that BG has a very very long history of pushing Blackberries right?

Just because he didnt like the Storm/Thunder and is spoiled by the displays on his Bolds and iPhones when reviewing the kickstart doesnt make him some kind of BB hater. People who disagree with you are not automatically biased.
    10-06-08 11:33 AM
    Did you even read his unboxing review??? Apparently not. R-e-a-d it. He clearly is making a claim that it is inferior to other blackberries. Based on what? It has all the same features of the pearl, 8800 series, or curve with more memory internal. His comparison to a Bold's screen makes no sense as the Bold has a higher resolution screen. How about comparing it to screens of other flip phones or even the other blackberries in its price range? This guy clearly fell in love with his multimedia toy with its fancy touch screen and decided the world should be shaped like an apple. He is clearly biased. In fact, since the release of the iPhone, I don't remember seeing one objective report from him.

10-06-08 11:32 PM
    Id say some people do not want to pay 400 or 500 bucks for a phone! I do not even know why people compare cell phones without touch screens with the Iphone. Personally I think if you think u need a 400 or 500 dollar phone then go right ahead and blow ur money. Id much rather take the phone that is a reasonable price and will last just as long if not longer then the expensive phone.
    10-11-08 12:16 AM
    mmmm....pass the Haterade
    10-11-08 08:26 AM
    While I'm currently not into flips, I am impressed with the ability to flip the screen for video on the device. Not so much for the fact that the ability exists, obviously it's been around a while, but on a base flip phone? Well, as base as a BB gets these days.

10-12-08 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD