So does berry locater work on VZW with our GPS turned off by VZW. This looks like a pretty cool program just wondering if any of you all have this and how it works... Thanks in advance...
    02-07-08 05:17 PM
    I wish it could, but don't think so............
    02-07-08 05:31 PM
    I'm sure it works with the exception of the GPS feature of an email sent back to you with Google Map's image attached containing the location of your BB.
    02-07-08 06:21 PM
    That would work I assume. Not sure if I want to try and and give my hopes up......
    02-07-08 06:41 PM
    So I take it no one that has vzw has tried this to get a first hand review? Someone had to dish out the 5 bucks to try it....
    02-07-08 07:20 PM
    nope you can go ahead and try it...... I always have my berry, so no reason to look for it...
    02-07-08 07:24 PM
    I always have my berry as well, but what happens if you miss place it, like you leave it in the fire truck and dont remember doing that. It would be nice to be able to find it.

Or if it is on vibrate and you are outside shovelling snow and it falls out of your pocket, how do you find it. (I know this from experiance) You either wait till the snow thaws or you could use berry locater to have it start ringing so you could find it.

I was just wondering if it would still work even though vzw disabled the gps part of it that is all.
    02-07-08 08:38 PM
    simple buy it and find out........

I don't need it, so I won't
    02-07-08 08:54 PM
    You could always try this:

Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

I just tried it on Verizon and it didn't work. I have e-mailed them and asked if they can get it to work.
    02-25-08 06:42 AM
    It won't work Voltaic, VZW locks down GPS on the BBs except for the VZ Navigator app.
    02-25-08 07:05 AM
    It won't work Voltaic, VZW locks down GPS on the BBs except for the VZ Navigator app.
    This really bothers me. I would go to Sprint but work pays for my phone so I am stuck with Verizon.

Doesn't TeleNav and Garmin work with it though? (I guess they are "approved"?)
    02-25-08 07:11 AM
    It bothers many of us as well. Nope, no TeleNav/Garmin... strickly VZ Nav only.
    02-25-08 07:26 AM
    It bothers many of us as well. Nope, no TeleNav/Garmin... strickly VZ Nav only.
    I just went on a trip and someone else had the Sprint version, it was sweet, the GPS located us on the slopes and everything.

Are there any companies that will unlock the GPS?
    02-25-08 07:31 AM
    SO.... does this WORK on Verizon?

The last reply was February sometime, so im just asking
    08-19-08 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD