i have recently ordered a pearl from at&t and have a few general question about this gadget.

1. what is the max memory (mini sd) will my 8100 will hold? i hear a lot of people say 2gig but there are a few post that said depending on the os version, it can hold up to 4 gig (even 8 if i remember correctly). assuming ill have the latest os, is 4gig a realistic number?

2. what is the average data usage for this phone because i want the cheapest data plan just to check my email but was wondering if 5mb/month ($10) is enough. 5 mb is basically nothing when you're surfing the net or downloading files so i'll keep those to a minimun. will i be okay?

3. if i don't get a data plan, will i still be able to send sms and mms? reason i ask is i heard it was no but my old sanyo phone throught sprint could send both sms and mms without a data plan. you just pay for the air time usage. same way with at&t?
    01-01-08 09:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

1. It does depend on the device and the OS. This may help: Media Card Limitations

2. After data will vary depending on how much email you send/receive, how much you are on the internet, and how much you use IM. Email is sent to your device is 2KB 'chunks'. Internet and IM can use your data allowance in a HURRY, so if you can afford it, I recommend the unlimited data. It will be cheaper than paying a huge overage charge.

3. SMS and MMS are not considered data, but if you have no data plan, you'd at least need SMS/MMS plans to do that....I think.
    01-01-08 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD