I think the bedside mode that the Bold has would be awesome. Does anyone think/know if an app could be developed to bring this feature to other models? I would LOVE to have it!
    11-10-08 11:11 PM
    Please explain what the 'bedside mode' is on the Bold that you are referring to. I'm not familiar with it. Just curious.
    11-11-08 12:55 AM
    basically(from what I've read), you can turn bedside mode on and it will dim the backlight, but show a clock. this allows the phone to act as an alarm clock beside the bed and you can glance up and see what time it is easily. i havent actually seen it yet, but that is the information i have gathered from reading different posts.
    11-11-08 12:27 PM
    I would LOVE this on my 8120. That LED light is BLINDING if you roll over and open your eyes at 3am.
    11-11-08 12:29 PM
    Not exactly bedside mode but if you just want the full screen time display with the screen on while charging you can with two free apps. Search for bigclock and bblight. I use them on both of my berrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 02:57 PM
    I would LOVE this on my 8120. That LED light is BLINDING if you roll over and open your eyes at 3am.
    I know what you mean, the backlight may not seem bright during the day but if you need to use your Pearl in the middle of the night it lights up your room like an emergency flare lol.

The big clock application causes my back light to constantly flash on and off. I don't suggest using it.
    11-22-08 03:31 PM
    I know what you mean, the backlight may not seem bright during the day but if you need to use your Pearl in the middle of the night it lights up your room like an emergency flare lol.

The big clock application causes my back light to constantly flash on and off. I don't suggest using it.
    I use the BigClock app and BBLight and have had no problem with the flashing. There is a setting in the BigClock app that can disable the flashing. I put my pearl in a charging cradle, set BBLight to keep the backlight on under external power and it works fine. I also set the BigClock app to have blue numerals on a black background to hold down the light, like this:

I've coupled that with the Profiler app to automatically switch to the Phone Only profile overnight and it works like a charm.
    11-23-08 08:11 AM
    How do you disable the flashing!!! lol
    11-23-08 09:46 AM
    From the website . . . . . . .

Features:

Carillon every hour

Vibrate and sound at 15/30/45 minutes.

Alarm

Rotating display

Time adjust *NEW*

Commands:

* - Switch horizontal / vertical display

# - Format: 24h / 24h without seconds / 12h AM-PM

0 - Flash every second (use as emergency beacon!)

1 - Change foreground color

2 - Time adjust

3 - Change background color

4 - Sound enable / disable (does NOT override alarm)

6 - Vibra enable / disable

7 - Backlight enable / disable (overrides `0`)

8 - Alarm menu

9 - Quit
    11-23-08 12:43 PM
    From the website . . . . . . .

Features:

Carillon every hour

Vibrate and sound at 15/30/45 minutes.

Alarm

Rotating display

Time adjust *NEW*

Commands:

* - Switch horizontal / vertical display

# - Format: 24h / 24h without seconds / 12h AM-PM

0 - Flash every second (use as emergency beacon!)

1 - Change foreground color

2 - Time adjust

3 - Change background color

4 - Sound enable / disable (does NOT override alarm)

6 - Vibra enable / disable

7 - Backlight enable / disable (overrides `0`)

8 - Alarm menu

9 - Quit
    Yeah, what he said.
    11-23-08 01:41 PM
    Not exactly bedside mode but if you just want the full screen time display with the screen on while charging you can with two free apps. Search for bigclock and bblight. I use them on both of my berrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This might be a silly question but where do I search for this app, I would love the big clock on my BB I already use it as my alarm clock and a flash light at night (haha)
    11-23-08 08:53 PM
    I still flash even with that option off...
    11-23-08 09:12 PM
    we would love he bedtime mode for the 8120 for my wifes phone as well.
    08-14-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD