I have a pending request but its from an e-mail address and a pin but it would only let me accept the e-mail address, is this normal??

so i accepted the email address but it still says pending along with the pin.

I have one contact and i have no idea how i added her, but it worked like a charm and now im oblivious how to do it again.

Thanks for the help.
    01-01-08 01:35 PM
    I usually always use PIN. Using email for BBMessenger sometimes causes problems.
    01-01-08 02:03 PM
    Not sure jhood, I've always used PIN.

Maybe your 1 contact happened as a result of you accepting her invite, rather than you adding her?
    01-01-08 02:27 PM
    I have no idea. I actually didn't even know that there was a difference. Like I used the help button and some of the options they have me weren't even there?

Idk ill figure it out. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 03:53 PM
    When you add someone, follow these steps:

1. Add the person's PIN to your contact list (Address Book) first.

2. Then go to BBMessener and Add a contact.

3. When the address book comes up highlight the contact you want to add (don't click on the contact.)

4. Press the menu key (left of trackball) and then select Request using PIN.

That should help make BBMessenger a little more reliable. It defaults to using email and email isn't as reliable as adding a pin.
    01-01-08 04:08 PM
    Thanks John Clark,

It worked great following those steps. Only if the book made it that easy, i was to the point of calling the tech people but they would be more useless.

I will prob have more questions about this but thanks for now.

P.s-
    Will this use more or less battery life in the long run? Should i close a long conversation because when im away at school i txt my girlfriend constantly? Any memory issues with BBmessenger? And does it use like normal cell service like a txt does, or data? Idk just trying to figure this out, but so far loving it.
    Last edited by jhood25; 01-02-08 at 01:55 PM.
    01-02-08 01:38 PM
    BBMessenger uses pin messaging which uses your data plan. No sms involved.

Yes, long BBMessenger conversations will hit memory some so keep them cleaned out periodically.

It will use more battery as you are using more data over the network and the screen is lit while you are using it, etc.

Good luck.
    01-02-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD