hi

my wife has 2 yo bberry flip.

this phone has major issue. it reboots by itself and, usually, does this in the least appropriate moment.

reboots take about 20 minutes. there is no apparent reason for them, they just happen.

we already had phone replaced once, due to this, new one behaves exact same way, so it's s/w issue, not h/w issue.

has latest - for the model - s/w on it, no upgrades available, i rechecked on this 2 weeks ago.

BB does not offer any fixes, patches, and this is not even mentioned in their FAQs. i found a thread here with very similar situation described, from multiple users, and no solution offered either.

please, do you happen to have a working fix for this? also, judging from the other thread, please, do not post "i have same problem". this is not what we are asking for, we are asking for SOLUTION. nice, slick phone, not worth a dime as it does this easily several times a day.

yes, we called BB support, they offered no solution, outside of "you have to install latest OS", which is already on the phone and nothing else is available. we will never again buy BB product, as hers is dysfunctional, and my 8320 has the highest level of radiation emitted by any cell phone.
    11-28-10 11:12 AM
    Do you have sufficient free memory? What do you show for Options / Status / File Free? Lack of free memory can trigger an automatic reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 11:22 AM
    thank you.

58.6 mb; no memory card was installed; i have it fixed with 256 mb one.
    will see what happens next.
    11-28-10 03:11 PM
    Sounds like it might be bogged down with data. Go into Options, Status, then click Menu->Show Database Sizes. My phone for instance has 1800K worth of messages, so I know I need to do some cleanup there. Content Store and RMS Databases can get bloated by data from apps, even deleted apps. At one point my RMS Databases grew to 4000K. If you want to clear these databases, first WRITE DOWN any activation/registration/license codes for BerryWeather or other apps installed on the phone. Then connect to Desktop Manager and go into Backup/Restore, Advanced, Databases to clear the Content Store and RMS Databases. You may need to re-enter the activation code on the one next time any purchased app is started.
    12-03-10 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD