Does changing the theme on the BB Pearl affect the battery life?
    I'm using the "BB Dimension Today " and it seems like my battery life is not as long as it used to be. Or is my battery getting old?

Thanks in advance

Anthony
    Houston,Texas
    04-17-07 11:18 AM
    I've never heard or noticed it affecting battery life, and honestly can't see how it would. It may just be time for a new battery, or maybe your using it more than normal.

My wife has a Pearl, and her battery only last for about one day before it has to be charged. I just ordered her an extended battery that will hopefully get her up to two days before charging.
    04-17-07 11:47 AM
    Maybe certain themes require more juice to perform. I too have notice that with some themes, including Today and Zen, the battery waers down a tad quicker than with preloaded themes on my 8700. I still love em though.
    04-17-07 01:46 PM
    I use the Zen theme and haven't had anymore draw on my battery from the theme. I do use an extended battery and keep bluetooth running. Basically, Bluetooth impacts the battery life but I notice no difference from the Zen theme. Hope this helps.
    04-17-07 09:50 PM
    I guess I'll order the extended battery.

Anthony

Houston, Tx
    04-18-07 09:17 PM
    My wife has a Pearl, and her battery only last for about one day before it has to be charged.
    I've got a fairly new Pearl from Cingular and I'm getting more like 2 days on the OEM battery. I don't use bluetooth much, however.

Did she always get just 1 day? Wondering if these batteries wear down over time...
    04-18-07 10:31 PM
    Sometimes she can get two days, but she gets usually an easy 100+ emails a day, and lots of phone usage.
    04-19-07 06:55 AM
    Sometimes she can get two days, but she gets usually an easy 100+ emails a day, and lots of phone usage.
    That'll do it. The Pearl only has an estimated 3-4 hours of straight talk time on a single charge, and I forget how much standby time.

I seem to dodge this problem because I have a charger in my car for longer trips and my blackberry spends a bit of time every day syncing with my PC, so it gains some charge during car rides and data transfers.
    04-26-07 11:02 PM
    I finally figured out that the bluetooth was responsible for the battery drain.

I have a bluetooth headset but never use it. I turned off the bluetooth and the battery is lasting loner now.

Again thanks for everyone's input.

Anthony
    Houston, Tx
    04-30-07 02:47 PM
    That can do it, thanks for the update!
    04-30-07 06:01 PM
    usually how long until the Pearl battery starts to die quicker? i've had mine for about a month, and everything is fine now, but just wondering when to (maybe) expect seeing rapid battery drainage...i tend to charge/sync mine whenever i can, so i dunno how much i usually get per day, but i'm still considering getting the Seidio slim extended battery...looks pretty good to me has anyone here tried one of these yet?
    04-30-07 07:45 PM
    I got the Seidio slim extended battery for my wife's Pearl and it has greatly helped. She easily gets over 100+ emails a day, and does her fair share of talking too. She can get about 2 days solid use out of the extended battery.
    04-30-07 08:36 PM
    I got the Seidio slim extended battery for my wife's Pearl and it has greatly helped. She easily gets over 100+ emails a day, and does her fair share of talking too. She can get about 2 days solid use out of the extended battery.
    cool! thanks for the feedback on that...sounds great to me. gotta pick one up (soon...) lol
    04-30-07 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD