Need some help any time I plug my 8130 in to either charge it or hook it to the PC it will shut off and reset itself? I just updated it to 4.5 it started doing this a couple days ago now it is almost impossible to get it to charge because it will show that it is charging but it wont charge and as soon as I unplug it the phone shuts off. When the phone comesback on it works fine but I plug the charger back in to finish charging it and it will shut off again.

Any ideas
    10-10-08 06:53 AM
    Don't think I've seen that one yet. It's drastic but you may want to downgrade and see if the issue was the 4.5 upgrade. Was it beta? http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-10-08 06:57 AM
    Have you tried a different charger?
    10-10-08 07:08 AM
    Have you tried a different charger?
    The op is having the problem when connecting to pc as well. May have a short in the usb connector on the phone. If he/she downgrades and it still does it then thats the problem. If so take it back if you've had it less than a year. And get a charging pod for the new one.
    10-10-08 07:12 AM
    it is having problems connecting to the pc but what happens is that I will connect it and it will bring up the "would you like to turn mass storage on" I hit yes or no and it disconnects from the pc and reconects and the window pops up again about turning on mass storage. But if I dont hit yes or no I can still connect to DM and it stays connected just fine
    I just have to leave the mass storage window up
    10-10-08 07:22 AM
    go to options> media card, from top to bottom make settings on, none,on, yes. hit menu, SAVE. That could very well be the problem. Then plug'er up and report back.
    10-10-08 07:26 AM
    If your phone was operating normally before you updated the OS, I would downgrade back to the original version. Other than that, sounds like your phone is "sick" and my need to be replaced.
    10-10-08 07:28 AM
    I just wiped it and reinstalling the 4.5 if it still does it I will try what pltaylor said and then I will down grade. I have had the phone for less then a yr but my alltel said my phone has water dmg. because the marks on the battery show that it has. But none of the other show it because I have never exposed the phone to water. So if I have to I will go to best buy and buy a new battery and then take it back to them for warrenty
    10-10-08 07:37 AM
    do you think It could be a corruption in a file on my BB?
    10-10-08 07:38 AM
    do you think It could be a corruption in a file on my BB?
    stranger things have happened. If it's connecting well enough to let you reinstall the os the usb port is probably fine.
    10-10-08 07:42 AM
    well the wipe and install went fine I am just waiting on it to reboot.
    10-10-08 07:46 AM
    what about my back up do you think there is a chance of something being corrupt in it? Is there a way to just load my contacts I dont really care about my messages
    10-10-08 07:47 AM
    nope it is still doing it I hit no on the mass storage and it disconnects and reconnects and the window pops up again
    10-10-08 07:49 AM
    Put the settings to what I showed you and save mass storage should be yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-10-08 at 12:35 PM.
    10-10-08 07:53 AM
    well now it wont recognize my media card with all my pictures and misc
    10-10-08 08:25 AM
    ok I had this same thing with my 8120. Make a folder on your desk top. copy everything from card to the folder. format the card. Options>media card, menu, format. Then copy back to card. 4.5 made big changes in media storage to accomidate larger cards. I believe your having the same issue here.

Here is me having the same issue a few days ago, (thanks again Pete) http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...54/index3.html
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-10-08 at 08:35 AM.
    10-10-08 08:31 AM
    ok well got the BB to recognize the card and pictures but still with the usb any time I plug it in or unplug it the stupid POS resets weather its to the charger or the PC now I cant even get the PC to recognize it at all. When I connect it the chargeing symbol comes on and in a couple seconds it goes off and when I pull the cord the phone resets
    10-11-08 12:21 AM
    well I have finally just given up and decided it is the USB port and insuranced it
    10-11-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD