Hi, I am getting a BB Pearl from verizon this week but have been reading alot of posts from ppl that say, they cant get blackberry messenger on there BB or that it freezes sometimes. Does anyone have a Pearl from Verizon, that can give me some positive or negative feedback about if its any good or not?

Thanks
    02-12-09 10:45 AM
    love mine no major issues.. Other then learning how it works LOL
    bb messenger came pre loaded on mine..
    no freezing here..
    i wouldn't trade it for any other phone if that helps at all
    02-12-09 10:59 AM
    mine works just fine on verizon... i have bb maps... and no freezing.
    02-12-09 11:12 AM
    I have a BB pearl with Verizon. No problems and I run tons of apps.

The pearl has the least memory of any BB, but don't let that stop you. Read the BB 101 forums. They are terrific at teaching you your BB - no matter which one.

I say look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ it will help maximize your free memory. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/quickpull-101512/ will keep you from needing to do battery pulls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:29 AM
    I had a verizon pearl for a year and loved it. I have a storm now but still find myself playing with my old pearl that I gave to my brother.

02-12-09 11:52 AM
    My VZW Pearl hasn't given me any problems. BB messenger doesn't freeze on my phone.
    02-12-09 11:57 AM
    Verizon Pearl For The Win!!!
    02-12-09 11:57 PM
    Verizon Pearl For The Win!!!
    quoted for truth
    02-13-09 01:05 AM
    i got the pearl for verizon and have been having all types of problems. My sms messages keep deleting, my entire call log keeps deleting, and now my phone won't ring it it will just show that i have missed calls and when i go to see what the missed calls are, it says its empty.

Any help? I think i just need an os update.
    02-13-09 03:20 AM
    No problems here. Upgraded os to 4.5.077 last week. I dont have alot of apps though just OM and DTG
    02-13-09 03:40 AM
    Pwb - low memory. Go to options > status. What does it say is your free memory. For any BB to run efficiently, you need 12 000 000 in free memory. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ will help free up memory. Having a memory card for your pictures, ringtones, etc is a must for the pearl. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/quickpull-101512/ is a sweet app to have. I schedule a pull every morning so I start the day with refreshed memory.

02-13-09 06:38 AM
    If your messages are deleting you're out of memory. Battery pull or softreset will take care of that. BBM comes on all blackberries so your friends uninstalled more than likely.

02-13-09 06:44 AM
    When I say I have a lot on my BB pearl, this is what I mean:

Pocket Informant BB
    Weather Eye
    Weather Bug Direct
    Weather Bug Forecast
    CB
    ESPN
    BBMaps
    VibandRing
    QuickPull
    Opera Mini
    Aerize Alerts
    Capture It
    BB NotePad
    CB app store
    Bubble Popper
    You tube
    Sudoku
    Sudoku (2 different ones)
    Flickr
    Docs 2 Go
    FaceBook
    Bolt
    Bible
    BBM
    3rd party theme
    logMaid

BTW - I don't have things deleting on their own. I just pay attention to my memory.

02-13-09 06:46 AM
    Not sure where you're reading. I have no issues on my Pearl on Verizon. No freezing or whatnot. Just upgraded to 4.5.0.131 a couple of days ago. Probably have close to as many apps as D does.

D, just curious, why do you have both WeatherBug and WeatherEye loaded?
    02-13-09 07:40 AM
    I like them both. I like seeing the temp with a glance and I seeing the forecast also. I downloaded them both to see what I like best and decided I like them both. I know of others with both also.

02-13-09 08:51 AM
    Definitely just got the Pearl and I love it.
    Blackberry Messenger was already included and works great.
    I haven't had any problems with lag or anything.

Just need to get the OS upgrade to 4.5.
    Other than that it's a great phone.
    02-14-09 07:13 PM
    Haven't had too many problems other than having to watch the memory. Overall I love the phone but am more willing to get a larger BlackBerry for the bigger screen and more internal memory. It is a great device if you want something small.

02-14-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD