Hi:
    My wife has a BB Pearl 8130 from Verizon. I have a curve. She was able to add me and my dad from her contacts. But now she's going to add a friend and every time she tries, it adds her own email as a contact. When I look at it, I click "Add Contact" find the person in Contacts and then push the trackball. It automatically pops up the "this person wants to add you as a contact" (on my curve, it says "add by email or pin") So as soon as I click "ok" to send the message, her own email pops up in pending. If I click "accept", her own name pops up in messenger and her friend drops out of the "requests" section. She then goes to re-add her friend and the same thing happens.
    Now when she added my dad, he accepted right away and HER email disappeared from the "pending" right away. Now I know the brilliant response is "just have her friend accept right away". The point is, this should not be happening. Any one out there know of a fix? I want to upgrade her OS but when I did mine it was a disaster because the sync stopped halfway through and didn't back up. Also, we have a mac so no Desktop Manager....

Thanks.
    01-15-09 10:08 PM
    Do all of you have data plans? If so, the best way to do this is to request by PIN instead of email. You can find your PIN under options>Status. Or you can simply send them a SMS and type in mypin and hit space. This will insert your PIN. HTH.
    01-16-09 06:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Yes they both have data plans. The option to request by pin does not appear for some reason. I'm sure this is part of the problem. Thanks.
    01-16-09 07:05 AM
    Make sure her address book is closed when trying to do this. When you click add contact it should open up a small window in the center of the screen. From there you should be able to type in the PIN. Or, you could save their PIN to their contact info. And when you type their name their PIN should show up.
    01-16-09 07:08 AM
    The pin is stored in her contact info. But when I click add contact in BB messenger, the address book pops up, not the center of the screen box that says "type a contact". How do i make sure the address book is closed?
    01-16-09 07:11 AM
    Hold the ALT button then press the back or esc button. Scroll through your applications (while holding the ALT key). See if it open. Or just simply click on the Address Book icon from the home screen. Click the menu button then select close.
    01-16-09 07:13 AM
    Also, she still has the 4.3 OS would this have something to do with it?
    01-16-09 07:45 AM
    No, it shouldn't it. But it would help her all around if she updated.
    01-16-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD