Hi,
    I have a Pearl Flip 8220 and I am suffering from crashes. The symptoms are that the clock style egg-timer appears on the screen then the red LED flashes and the phone goes off. It then seems to start up again with the clock timer and then after a couple of minutes the red LED and off again.

I cannot figure out why this happens. It has occured a few times whilst I have been talking on it. It just cuts out like the battery is flat (although it has been full) and into the sequence above. Other times it just happens for no apparent reason.

Taking out the battery can fix it, but not always. The best way to get it to go again is to plug it into the charger.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix such as OS update, factory settings restore or any other?

Any advice appreciated, thanks
    06-07-09 10:27 AM
    Suggest updating to a newer OS. Check the top sticky for the file and instructions. Should fix it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 11:54 AM
    Taking out the battery can fix it, but not always. The best way to get it to go again is to plug it into the charger.
    Could be a battery issue if putting it on the charger fixes it or if it doesn't happen while on the charger.
    06-07-09 12:10 PM
    I get this if I install quickpull on my flip. could be a software issue. The flip does suffer from latency, I get the timer often if I use a lot of memory. Try a master reset. If that doesn't help contact your carrier.
    06-07-09 05:43 PM
    I had that same problem.

I got the phone at, lets say 1700hrs (5:00pm), it died at 2200 hrs (10:00pm).

I took it back to the store the next morning and they looked it over and tried to get it to come back on. They did battery pulls, pressed the power button, anything they could think of. Nothing!

I got another one, (of course I did, it was less than 24 hours old).

Like all phones, there is always a bad berry in the bunch. This one I got here is awsome. Have had no issues with it.

I was on it the next morning and the red LED light came on. I thought, crap, not again. The LED went off and it kicked back on... I was nervous, but then I checked my quickpull, and it was set to reset at that time... Whew!

The only thing that sucks about quickpull is, it doesn't care if you are on the phone or not, it WILL reset itself anyway...

No problmes thus far.

Also, if you have quickpull, check and see that that is not the issue. Make sure that you don't have a bad download, causing it to not power back up.

Of course, checking that when it cannot power back is an issue inside of itself.

How long have you had the phone, if it is under the 30 days, then take it back.

msblueline
    06-07-09 09:38 PM
    Update the OS and remove myFaves if you have it on your phone.
    06-07-09 11:53 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I got my device at the end of last year and have had vary little problems. As of the last week it's been nothing but problems.

I've called Rogers/BB tech support and they recommended a reinstall of the software, I've done this for the third time and am still suffering from the same issue. I called back and they said I probably re-installed the same corrupt file. Once again I wiped my device this time only reinstalling my contacts.

At this moment all I can get from my device is either the red LED or a white screen with the spinning hour clock. At one point it even did a hour glass/busy signal... It's never done that in the 5 months that I've had it.
    06-08-09 03:11 AM
    I had the problem as well, and installed .267 and that corrected it!
    06-08-09 08:42 AM
    I had the problem as well, and installed .267 and that corrected it!

i have noticed and even better battery life on .278 too!
    06-08-09 10:48 AM
    I'm on .174 as in 4.6.0.174 I just checked though the BB desktop manager and it says "No software update is required for my device"

How do I get to .267 or even .278?
    06-08-09 05:14 PM
    Blade_27, you will need to download the OS you want to your PC. Then install it to the PC and remove the vendor.XML , the you can run DM to load the OS to your phone. The instructions and download link are in the sticky thread.
    06-08-09 09:42 PM
    Thanks I tried all of that. Disconnected my internet to, still didn't work. I called Rogers back apparently their sending me another phone.
    06-08-09 09:49 PM
    my flip all the sudden crashed also. reset/ red light/ small timer in the middle of the screen the whole bit. got it to come back for one call. then crashed again before i could finish dialing. i bought from a friend last month. it has been working great since. one thing it did say when it came back the one time. i got a text messg saying my (myfaves) were reset. maybe that has something to do with it.
    :
    07-06-09 06:23 PM
    i noticed people saying to upgrade os
    what if i cannot get into my blackberry?
    only small box timer screen?
    07-06-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD