Hey Everybody,
    (I posted this in the wrong place, so I am re-posting it here.)

I am a nubbie , so be gentle. I have owned the BB pearl 8130 for almost a year now, and it's the biggest pile I have ever owned. That's for another day! Hopefully, someone here can help me, as my local Alltel service provider has horrible support. And if you ever have to go into the main store located here, all the employees huddle around each other and act like a high school clique of snobby wanna-be's!
    Any how, this is what my 8130 is doing NOW: I tried to call someone and it advised me that the "radio" was off. I followed the on-screen instructions and it turned the radio on and made the call. But now, I have to go into the "Manage Connections" app and manually turn the radio on every time I make a call or try and text someone. I am lucky if it stays on for more than a minute and then it justs cuts the call off and says radio off!
    Then it's back to the Manage connections app and repeat! This is becoming very frustrating!

Have any of you had this problem? Radio shuts off constantly, making you have to go into the connection app and turn it back on.................................
    Thanks in advance!

P.S. Looks looks like a very smart group on this board. Maybe you can get me to change my opinion of this piece of garbage! My first "smart" phone, and I am beginning to think that "smart phone" is just an oxymoron!
    12-13-08 11:02 PM
    Couple of things that may or may not help:
    1- Did you check your auto on/off under options?
    2- Did you try and good old battery pull with the phone on?
    12-14-08 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the rapid response Zero!
    Yea, I have checked the auto on/off and
    know the battery pull fix well! I have
    had to pull the battery at least every other
    day for 4 months now.
    I thought I'd try out this forum,
    before I look for a better phone on eBay.
    I hate buying another phone, when your
    cell provider should be able to help you!
    This is a "known"issue with these phones!
    I have been a customer of Alltel for over 10
    years and upon signing this last contract,
    they have treated us like CACA! Very poor
    customer service! I am going to have to switch
    carriers after this contract is up!
    Thanks, again, for the speedy response!
    Much appreciated!
    12-14-08 09:47 AM
    Sorry I could not help, hope you get it resolved. If you have Sprint able in your area, radioshack.com has the curve for $40. Just an FYI.
    12-14-08 09:59 AM
    This sounds a lot like an os problem. Did you try clearing your blackberry of your current os and reinstalling the most current one from AllTel (4.5.0.89)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:03 AM
    I am also having this problem, i have done the battery pull, i have updated the OS and it is still doing it, it turns off almost as soon as i turn it on i bought the phone off ebay so there is no way i can take it back to Alltel and have it replaced, can anyone HELP!!! Or and i just SOL on the phone and out my money i paid for it. BTW i just received the phone 2 days ago and it has been doing it since i got it.
    Last edited by Tat_berry; 04-04-09 at 11:29 PM.
    04-04-09 11:07 PM
    Ok, what apps, if any, have you installed, and please post your file free memory. Options>Status, menu>copy, and paste it here. Thanks!

04-04-09 11:17 PM
    i have installed the BB Messanger and a IRC chat client and Iheartradio. Everything on that screen is...
    signal -80dBM
    Battery 90%
    File Free 22574284 bytes
    then the pin and ESN stuff.
    04-04-09 11:29 PM
    Ok, file free is good, especially on a Pearl. Did you do anything prior to this cycling?

04-05-09 01:22 AM
    No i didnt, I got the phone on friday in the mail, i took it to alltel that night to get it activated and switched from my old phone. It started doing it that night. At alltel he cleared the phone so all of the other persons info was off on it. That was all. Now last night after goin to bed it didnt turn off at all, i put the phone on standby and it stayed on. hmmmm and the battery is now at 60%, but when the battery was full it was shutting off
    04-05-09 08:14 AM
    Ok, keep an eye on it, and if there's more problems, let us know.

04-05-09 08:53 AM
    The phone cant be repaired so i just bought a Blackberry curve today!!!!!!
    04-06-09 04:04 PM
    I have had the same issue on my 8130 and it is driving me nuts. I can only correlate the problem to updating my OS to 4.5 I can actually watch as the radio cycles from 1x to ev1x to EV1x to OFF several times. I thought it was because I installed berrybuzz but after backing up my device and wiping it, the problem still persists. and since ive read that it might be an OS issue, what is my next course of action other than shoot my beloved pearl?
    07-13-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD